Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are you getting any new quilting items from Santa? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-getting-any-new-quilting-items-santa-t313316.html)

toverly 12-01-2020 04:06 AM

I'm getting a ruler foot and basic template set. I know because I put it in the cart on a certain big website. I told DH that it was there and he could surprise me with it. He also gives me a gift certificate from a local LQS. I look forward to spending that one.

aashley333 12-01-2020 04:17 AM

I'm pretty sure DD ordered the cordless Ott lamp. Never enough light where You need it.

SusieQOH 12-01-2020 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine (Post 8438582)
I told Santa I wanted the Amanda Murphy Every Oval Set for ruler quilting. He said to go ahead and buy it.

I already got the Every Wave Set, and it's awesome!

I haven't heard of those. Need to check them out, thanks! I'm finding ruler work a lot of fun.
Merry Christmas to me hahaha

toogie 12-02-2020 09:37 AM

When my girls ask what I want for christmas and I tell them _ _ _ for quilting or sewing, they won't get it. They say it's not for me because I'll make it up for someone else and give away. (Usually them) So I got to where I like shopping cards, so I can buy what I want, because they won't!

Cheshirepat 12-02-2020 01:48 PM

We've had to buy a few items for the house (vacuum died, etc.) so I think we're going to hold on the gift-giving. It's rare that I actually get to buy my hubby anything he wants because he's so fast on the trigger if he wants it, lol! Having said that, I might have stuffed an extra fat quarter set into my backing purchase for my sister's quilt. The store had an *adorable* set of Charley Harper prints for Christmas, I couldn't resist!

RedGarnet222 12-02-2020 05:58 PM

A gift card to a local quilt shop would be fun to get. I got that once years ago and it really came in handy.

DebbieJJ 12-03-2020 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 8438447)
We haven't bought for each other for years. We buy for ourselves. We know we will pick exactly what we want.

We do the same thing.....Our anniversary was last week, and my birthday is the week before Christmas. So I ordered all the fabric I wanted from 3 different places and it has now all arrived. All of my gifts are already in my sewing room since I haven't put up a tree yet. And I got exactly what I wanted!

Doggramma 12-03-2020 07:00 AM

I hope Santa doesn’t pick out any quilting items for me! I like to pick out my own quilt supplies! Once my daughter got me a gift certificate for a quilt shop in Kansas. When we go to CO to visit her, we usually go through Nebraska. Once in a while we take the route through Kansas, so we had to go that way so I could use the certificate. The Kansas route is longer than the other way.

katiebear1 12-03-2020 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 8438447)
We haven't bought for each other for years. We buy for ourselves. We know we will pick exactly what we want.

That's what we do too and we really don't wait for Christmas. If we want something and if it is in the budget we get it. I do look for sales though.

Dolphyngyrl 12-11-2020 09:32 AM

Probably rulers but honestly I don't know