Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You know you're addicted to sewing when... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-know-youre-addicted-sewing-when-t268858.html)

Sewnoma 08-17-2015 06:04 AM

You know you're addicted to sewing when...

...you decide to drive 11 hours each way to a 4-day work event instead of flying like everyone else, because you don't trust the airlines not to smash your machine and you can't imagine spending 3 nights in a hotel without one.

...you have a week-long Hawaii vacation in the works, and one of the things on your "to-do" list is to call around sewing machine dealers on the island and find out if you can rent a sewing machine for a week.

...your husband is out of town for a week, and missing him is balanced by gleefully realizing nobody will stop you from spending your entire evening in the sewing room, every evening, all week long.

imsewnso 08-17-2015 06:08 AM

How true LOL!!!

Nammie to 7 08-17-2015 06:15 AM

Yup, those are all things I would do too! We are crazy people!

Twisted Quilter 08-17-2015 06:24 AM

[QUOTE=Sewnoma;7288737 ...your husband is out of town for a week, and missing him is balanced by gleefully realizing nobody will stop you from spending your entire evening in the sewing room, every evening, all week long.[/QUOTE]

So true!

Or...you know you're addicted to sewing when you wake up and go straight to your sewing machine!

nanna-up-north 08-17-2015 06:25 AM

Some people are addicted to drugs or alcohol, we're addicted to sewing. What can I say?? At least we have a quilt to show for our addiction..... no hangover or crazy stuff. We're good!

Onebyone 08-17-2015 06:26 AM

All but the third one. I don't do anything differently from when DH is home and when he is gone. I will drive by myself if DH doesn't want to detour an hour out of the way to go to a quilt shop. DH will drive non stop to get somewhere and I'm following in my car stopping any place I see interesting. I always catch up and in a much happier mood. We compromise not to compromise. LOL

ManiacQuilter2 08-17-2015 06:44 AM

I use to drive over 12 hours to visit my Dad in AZ with my sewing machine in tow. Yes, it is very nice to be able to quilt when you want to quilt. But I draw the line when vacationing in Hawaii!! Have FUN. There is so much to do on those islands. I always wanted to go but never made it there.

sap 08-17-2015 07:32 AM

I in have sewing machines in my winter and summer homes. I carry one in my car at all times too. I've never considered myself addicted ha ha.

Onebyone 08-17-2015 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by sap (Post 7288821)
I in have sewing machines in my winter and summer homes. I carry one in my car at all times too. I've never considered myself addicted ha ha.

I have a Singer 301 in the trunk of my car. Sews like new whenever I or anyone need a back up machine at classes or sew days.

tessagin 08-17-2015 08:43 AM

I agree. You can visit the different shops and take photos for ideas when you get back. If you really feel the need just buy a little beginner at Walmart for less than a $100.00 that you can fit in your carryon.

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7288779)
I use to drive over 12 hours to visit my Dad in AZ with my sewing machine in tow. Yes, it is very nice to be able to quilt when you want to quilt. But I draw the line when vacationing in Hawaii!! Have FUN. There is so much to do on those islands. I always wanted to go but never made it there.