Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   YOU KNOW YOU'RE A QUILTER IF: (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-know-youre-quilter-if-t8776.html)

Tricia 07-06-2008 03:51 AM

I saw Jeff Foxworthy the other day and thought about how it applies to quilting.

Here is the first one

You know you are a quilter if "the first thing you think of when you see a neat tile floor in the bathroom while doing your buisness is "how can I make that into a quilt"

You know you are a quilter if "the first thing that comes to mind while buying your son a T shirt is how it will look in a quilt after he outgrows it."

I thought of so many the other day and now I am stuck. Ya'll help me out with some of these.

beachlady 07-06-2008 04:02 AM

You know you are a quilter when the nurse is taking off threads off your pants in the examing room....boy was I embarassed.

You know you are a quilter when you are on vacation and on a super highway and there is a sign for a quilt shop and you make DH get off at the next exit to look for the store. An hour or more gone from the day's drive.

You know you are a quilter when UPS delivers a package and DH just assumes it is fabric. He is surprised sometimes when it is medications.

You know you are a quilter when you have to sneak fabric into the house, so DH doesn't kow how much you actually spend on fabric.

retrogirl02 07-06-2008 04:11 AM

You comment on quilts in the background at the movies.

It's official...I'm a quilter....saw Kit Kittredge yesterday and was wondering what block was on the bed and ooh and aahed over the 1930s reproduction fabrics used for the costumes.

sandpat 07-06-2008 04:30 AM

You know your a quilter when you make your "sick" husband wait in the car for 45 minutes while you shop at the quilt store- since you were "already out" for that pesky Dr.'s appt.

retrogirl02 07-06-2008 04:32 AM

GOOD ONE.

Tricia 07-06-2008 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by beachlady
You know you are a quilter when the nurse is taking off threads off your pants in the examing room....boy was I embarassed.

You know you are a quilter when you are on vacation and on a super highway and there is a sign for a quilt shop and you make DH get off at the next exit to look for the store. An hour or more gone from the day's drive.

You know you are a quilter when UPS delivers a package and DH just assumes it is fabric. He is surprised sometimes when it is medications.

You know you are a quilter when you have to sneak fabric into the house, so DH doesn't kow how much you actually spend on fabric.

I so have been there. My husband uses the lint roller on me before we go anywhere because I have thread hanging.

I use to hide fabric in the bottom of my trunk until I was alone at the house and then I would unload the car.

Tricia 07-06-2008 05:25 AM

Here is a good one. You know you are a quilter if your fabric collection is worth more than your car. LOL

Tricia 07-06-2008 05:38 AM

got another one.

I was sewing a shirt he other day and you quilters will understand this

You know you are a quilter if the 5/8 seam allowance for clothes looks over 2 times as big as you are use to and your UPS delivery man asks if he can deliver your fabric every other day becaue he is tired of driving all the way to your house.

Elizabeth A. 07-06-2008 05:47 AM

You know your a quilter when you have more threads tangled in your vacuum's beater bar than anything else! (me two nights ago).

Elizabeth A. 07-06-2008 05:48 AM

You know you're a quilter when you think of quilts to make for events that are way off in the future. (like for my sister's wedding, when she doesn't have a man)