Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You know you're a quilter when... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-know-youre-quilter-when-t192228.html)

beadywoman 06-19-2012 02:39 PM

You know you're a quilter when...

You know you are a quilter when...

At the beginning of every month, you mentally balance your checkbook to see how much you have left to spend at the LQS! And then SOME months, (ok, ok, MOST months!) you double that amount and make up excuses for why you were able to do it! LOL

Helen S 06-19-2012 04:19 PM

LOL!

You know you're a quilter when you go out to buy a plug for the new kitchen range about to be delivered and end up at the fabric store (only $40 this trip! =D) before you can make it home.

tjradj 06-19-2012 04:34 PM

You know you're a quilter when: every time you get into the car, your darling son asks if he has to go to a fabric store :)

tngal22 06-19-2012 06:06 PM

You know you are a quilter when your 4 year old asks to go to JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby....and has her own stash to cut on.

alisonquilts 06-19-2012 06:12 PM

You know you are a quilter when the very first thing your friends ask you when they haven't seen you in a while is "So what quilt are you working on now?" (And these are your non-quilting friends...'cause your quilter friends already know what quilt you are working on!)

(My nine-year-old daughter already has an enormous stash as well, Sabrina.)

Alison

tngal22 06-19-2012 06:16 PM

Another one: You know you are a quilter when you have a cart full of fabric on several sites and just waiting for the money to come in or when you don't think hubby will notice the $100 on the CC. lol.

Alison, she knows which is her box. She loves just to cut up fabric. She also likes to play with my bigger pieces if I am done with them for the moment, they make great play blankets for her dollie. lol

alisonquilts 06-19-2012 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by tngal22 (Post 5301894)
She loves just to cut up fabric. She also likes to play with my bigger pieces if I am done with them for the moment, they make great play blankets for her dollie. lol

That's great! Mine started sticking scraps together with Scotch tape (some leftovers from my stuff, some raggedly cut fabric of her own - kiddy craft scissors don't do well on fabric!). A lot of the "blocks" she made were really neat (especially since she was about five at the time) so I carefully removed the tape and sewed the little pieces together. This made her very happy, and about every six months she gives me another one to applique for her. Someday I will assemble all of her blocks into a quilt...

And next week I am going to do a little at home summer sewing camp for her, and teach her the basics on my old Singer (which belonged to my Mum - this makes me so happy).

Alison

Hattie Frances 06-19-2012 06:44 PM

You know you are a quilter and love fabric when you leave your cell phone at home and your daughter can reach you at the fabric store and they know you by name.

beadywoman 06-19-2012 06:47 PM

AND you know when you're a quilter when you send your son to the fabric store so you can keep sewing and they know who he is by sight! LOL

NikkiLu 06-19-2012 07:07 PM

You know you're a quilter when:

you have a quilt magazine in the bathroom instead of a Reader's Digest

you have duct taped your purse together instead of buying a new one but you can spend $10 per yard for batiks