Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You made me go to a Tag Sale (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-made-me-go-tag-sale-t110963.html)

hobbykat1955 03-26-2011 03:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not one for tag sales but with all the talk of finding all those beautiful Vintage Singers I just couldn't resist today. I noticed in town that today the local school was having a giant tag sale from 9-4...Got there right at 9:05 and people were already carrying loads of stuff out to their cars. WOW
When I got in there I looked around and saw nothing appealing and I had only one thing in mind...any Singers. As I went thru the whole place just abt to leave going towards the last table, as a man moved "OH MY, there it is"...a black 301 short bed.
I rushed to it to see the price 30.00...OK...does it work? They didn't know so selling "as is"...bobbin case I turn it over nope...OH Well..
But that baby's body was in mint condition, not a knick or scratch...so I scooped her up and brought her home.
Plugged her in light went on...pressed the pedal, nothing...jiggled the wire and hear it start but then noticed the wires were exposed and not in good shape to the pedal...
So she's going to Dr. Singer first thing monday morning to see what it will cost to get her going...I'm keeping my fingers crossed...if not I'll just sell her on ebay "as is" I'm sure I'll get my 30 back.

harvsstuff 03-26-2011 03:57 PM

Good for you.

moonwork42029 03-26-2011 03:57 PM

looks like a great find

sueisallaboutquilts 03-26-2011 03:58 PM

Oh she's pretty!! The 301 is a great machine, hope you keep it :D:D

Charming 03-26-2011 03:58 PM

That is a neat machine. Good luck

incoming2me 03-26-2011 03:59 PM

I'm sure Dr. Singer will get her in tip top shape - she's a beauty!

quiltsRfun 03-26-2011 04:02 PM

Great find. I learned to sew on a 301 and my mom still has it. She's offered it to me but I told her to keep it for now. They're great machines. Hope yours can be fixed for a reasonable price. You'll love sewing with it. I recently sewed on my mom's and it just hummed along even after sitting for at least 25 years not being used or oiled. I need to do some sewing on it next time I visit and plan to give the machine a good cleaning and oiling.

mommamac 03-26-2011 04:06 PM

She's sparkling on the outside - hope Dr. S. has the right tonic to make her insides shine too.

jaciqltznok 03-26-2011 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
I'm not one for tag sales but with all the talk of finding all those beautiful Vintage Singers I just couldn't resist today. I noticed in town that today the local school was having a giant tag sale from 9-4...Got there right at 9:05 and people were already carrying loads of stuff out to their cars. WOW
When I got in there I looked around and saw nothing appealing and I had only one thing in mind...any Singers. As I went thru the whole place just abt to leave going towards the last table, as a man moved "OH MY, there it is"...a black 301 short bed.
I rushed to it to see the price 30.00...OK...does it work? They didn't know so selling "as is"...bobbin case I turn it over nope...OH Well..
But that baby's body was in mint condition, not a knick or scratch...so I scooped her up and brought her home.
Plugged her in light went on...pressed the pedal, nothing...jiggled the wire and hear it start but then noticed the wires were exposed and not in good shape to the pedal...
So she's going to Dr. Singer first thing monday morning to see what it will cost to get her going...I'm keeping my fingers crossed...if not I'll just sell her on ebay "as is" I'm sure I'll get my 30 back.

oh be still my heart...you lucky girl....I am looking for a long bed..would never turn down a short bed for that price...wow..wiring won't be much really...you will be fine...

earthwalker 03-26-2011 07:13 PM

Beautiful machine...hope you get her running and keep her.