Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You Might Be A Quilter If You.......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-might-quilter-if-you-t238562.html)

Sophie2 01-12-2014 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by collady (Post 6509025)
You know you are a quilter when you travel and your husband, who happens to be driving, says, "Honey there is a quilt shop at the next exit. I think you might need a rest stop." And then he stops, pulls out a book and say "Take your time."

My DH does this too. If he asks if I want to stop at a QS and I say no, he asks where the nearest hospital is! LOL

Sophie2 01-12-2014 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by donnalynett (Post 6507235)
When you spot every quilt in the background on tv shows and point them out to your DH......

Or if your DH sees a quilt in a movie or TV show and asks what pattern it is.

KarenR 01-12-2014 03:47 PM

When you spend $$$$ to teach others the love of quilting.

Rhonda Lee 01-12-2014 05:25 PM

When you find fabric you forgot about.
When your stash is bigger than a small local fabric shop.

maviskw 01-12-2014 09:20 PM

All this talk reminds me of the time we had been to the Kennedy Center with two busloads of college students, and were admiring the draperies. They were 60 feet long, gold, and I think they covered a whole wall of windows. On the bus afterwards, somebody got the idea how to make some new draperies. The boys were just as interested in this as the girls. The discussion went on for a few hours about how many sheep we would need to get the wool to weave the fabric to make the drapes that Jackie had.

JuanitaBean 01-12-2014 09:46 PM

We husband has to check for threads on your clothes before you go out. Don't use my scissors for anything but fabric or I get a new pair.

maviskw 01-12-2014 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by maviskw (Post 6509704)
All this talk reminds me of the time we had been to the Kennedy Center with two busloads of college students, and were admiring the draperies. They were 60 feet long, gold, and I think they covered a whole wall of windows. On the bus afterwards, somebody got the idea how to make some new draperies. The boys were just as interested in this as the girls. The discussion went on for a few hours about how many sheep we would need to get the wool to weave the fabric to make the drapes that Jackie had.

Oops! My time bottomed out to edit, but my mind was still working on it. Is this off topic? Maybe, but it goes to show how we look at another's things and try to figure out how to do it or what to make of it.

This was not a college group; we were on a trip for 4-H, so we were all adults. And those drapes had been hanging there for more than 20 years and we were told they were thinking about replacing them. That's how the talk got started.

We wanted to know how much land would be needed for enough sheep to produce the wool that would be carded into the slivers that would be spun into the yarn to be woven into the fabric to make the drapes that Jackie had.

debtex 01-13-2014 01:20 AM

When you hear someone is expecting a baby and all you can think about is what fabrics to use in the quilt!

debtex 01-13-2014 01:23 AM

Oh, and when your husband knows to just back away when he sees the seam ripper in your hand... :)

GammaLou 01-13-2014 04:52 AM

When you take pictures of carpeting in hotels for future quilt inspiration!!