Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Your favorite quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/your-favorite-quilt-t212683.html)

Dragonomine 02-01-2013 12:48 PM

Your favorite quilt?

What is your favorite type of quilt to make? I enjoy making the old-fashioned quilts. Simple blocks or applique, simple hand quilting. It just makes me think of my southern roots. I admire so much you ladies on here though, that can make the most beautiful quilting patterns and elaborate designs. For myself though, I like the simple old time country quilts. :)

hopetoquilt 02-01-2013 01:40 PM

Love quilts with a solid white in the background.

maryb119 02-01-2013 01:44 PM

I love to make up my own patterns. I get that one of a kind qult that way. I love to work with batiks and 30's print but not together. :)

Grace MooreLinker 02-01-2013 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonomine (Post 5830424)
What is your favorite type of quilt to make? I enjoy making the old-fashioned quilts. Simple blocks or applique, simple hand quilting. It just makes me think of my southern roots. I admire so much you ladies on here though, that can make the most beautiful quilting patterns and elaborate designs. For myself though, I like the simple old time country quilts. :)

Ditto for me but I machine quilt can't do the hand stitching.

QuiltnNan 02-01-2013 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt (Post 5830561)
Love quilts with a solid white in the background.

i'm beginning to love these more and more after seeing so many stunning ones here on the board. i just ordered some whites to have on hand :)

sak658 02-01-2013 02:26 PM

I love all the vintage quilt patterns..also...

aronel 02-01-2013 02:32 PM

I agree with you totally!! My favorite quilt is a 2 color quilt of red plaid and plain black - which my grandmother made for us out of wool, I couldn't find the wool, but I was able to find regular fabric in those colors - 6.5" blocks alternating. Very simple, but oh so beautiful!

Originally Posted by Dragonomine (Post 5830424)

katier825 02-01-2013 03:39 PM

most of the time, I go for easy patterns that look more complex than they are due to the lack of time and space constraints. what I would love to do is more complex designs...I'd love to do a NY Beauty or intricate Mariners Compass. I do like traditional patterns and love beautiful applique, but don't do much applique myself. When I do, it's fusible.

someday, when i get my own sewing room, I will tackle one of the more complicated ones on my list. but because I have to pack them up frequently and put them away, I will continue with less complicated ones for now.

RedGarnet222 02-01-2013 04:02 PM

I have to tell the truth. I love all types of quilts the embroidered ones, the pieced ones and appliqued ones. So far my favorite to piece was the rythum and blues quilt done in tourquoise, black and white. A freebie pattern download from red rooster fabrics. (If you do it, make sure you check the block sizes first! I had to change one of them to fit right and I can't remember which one... sorry) I am thinking it was an error they didn't catch before printing.

I love the burgoune surrounded, hunter's star or crossed canoes quilts done in two colors. Then there is a log cabin, it is still one of my all time favorite to make as well. So all and all I guess to make I like the pieced ones. But, I love seeing the appliqued quilts at the shows.

ontheriver 02-01-2013 08:22 PM

I think my all time favorite is the log cabin. Simple to make but so many design possibilities. I just saw a pic of one today where the center square was a four patch then the logs around it. Totally changed the look. I put it on my to do list.