Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Your favorite quilting stencils? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/your-favorite-quilting-stencils-t264485.html)

jillmc 04-26-2015 04:55 AM

Your favorite quilting stencils?

I would like to purchase a few stencils for FMQ on my DSM. I have been browsing online at the stencil company, and the choices are overwhelming! :). Do you have favorites that you use often? What size is most versatile? TIA!

schoolteacher 04-26-2015 05:07 AM

Great minds think alike. LOL I just posted about the usage of quilting paper. These have the design printed on them and you machine quilt over and then tear the paper off. Has anyone used them? Found them on quiltingmadeeasy.com. I have used stencils to handquilt that I have gotten from a local store. Worked O.K. Good luck.

Weezy Rider 04-26-2015 05:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If you do buy stencils, make sure they are continuous line. The simpler ones can be done on a regular machine with the regular presser foot. I've use them on garment sleeves with the bean stitch. Pfaff 1475, regular foot. Had quilters ask how I got the effect. (I used rayon embroidery thread) The sweatshirts and jacket are still going. Jacket over 20 yrs old now. Used metallic thread and bean stitch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]518049[/ATTACH]

Buckeye Rose 04-26-2015 09:05 AM

I had the same thought a few weeks back and went through a few websites finding great stencils, but really only needing one. I quickly found out that the shipping was going to be more than the cost of the stencil! So be wary of shipping costs. I found one that was perfect at Joanns (in store) and on clearance for $3.

quilts4charity 04-26-2015 12:15 PM

If you go to the "Urban Elementz" website she has lots of free pantographs that you can print out. I've done a couple and love them!

GrammaNan 04-26-2015 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by quilts4charity (Post 7177671)
If you go to the "Urban Elementz" website she has lots of free pantographs that you can print out. I've done a couple and love them!

Great site! Thanks for posting.

yel 04-26-2015 12:57 PM

i love the full line ones ...all of them and then there is a chain of butterflies that i use all the time

meyert 04-26-2015 03:09 PM

I love using stencils.. and agree with Buckeye Rose, the shipping is the pitts.

Weezy Rider - I love the tulips!

I have bought some from Amazon - since I am a Prime member I get free shipping. I do really,really like Quilting Creations selection.. 2 or 3 times I have purchased from them. But I waited until I had money and I bought enough to get free shipping --- - got a lot stencils I really like the one that has the butterfly stipple and the baby booties stipple. They are not really stipples more like the butterflies and booties are joined with big loops. There is one that is like a puzzle that I would like to try.

For some reason I can't attach a picture....

jillmc 04-26-2015 04:33 PM

Meyert-great site! Thank you! I have started a shopping cart....signed up for emails-hoping to get a coupon code that will cover shipping! I don't think I can handle $50 worth of stencils to get the free shipping! ☺️

ManiacQuilter2 04-27-2015 06:13 AM

Back in the olden days, Stencil House was the predominant maker of stencils. Don't know if they are still in business.