Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is your sewing area 'inviting'? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/your-sewing-area-inviting-t67190.html)

quiltinghere 09-28-2010 06:43 AM

The other night I noticed my sewing area was a disaster zone with STUFF laying allll over the place.
(I'd been busy in it lately :) ;-) )
It didn't 'invite' me to sit and relax and work on any sewy/quilty thing :shock: :shock:

So I TIDIED UP my sewing area for a couple of hours. I went from here to there and put things where they belonged.
Emptied the trash. Combined 2 boxes of like fabric into 1 larger box. Cleared off my horizontal surfaces.
Even sorted out my threads into like color groups (blues, whites, blacks, etc). You know that type of clean up.

Last night I felt 'invited' to start a project in this cleaned up sewing area where everything was in the place it belonged.
I had clean, open horizontal surfaces where I could spread out the new project and not lose any of it.
It was SOOOO NICE!!!! It was SOOOOO ENJOYABLE to work in the area.

Just thought I'd pass that on in case you don't feel 'invited' into your own sewing area.

debbieumphress 09-28-2010 06:45 AM

My sewing room says "turn around and leave right now". BUT...after getting rid of three months os sales on stash and such I am looking forward to it saying "come on in and pull up a chair and sew". This is a great, fun post.

MoMoSews 09-28-2010 06:52 AM

I always feel less stress on any project (being that I am not always positive I can do something right) when my sewing area is organized.

tlrnhi 09-28-2010 06:55 AM

I organized my room, now I can't find a darn thing and I don't feel comfortable in it.
So, I started a small project, pulling things out and "messing up" a little and I'm right back at home. Guess I love chaos......

sueisallaboutquilts 09-28-2010 06:59 AM

I need to do that! Mine is a mess but somehow my cats never have a problem getting cozy or ready for anything!! :D

humbird 09-28-2010 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I organized my room, now I can't find a darn thing and I don't feel comfortable in it.
So, I started a small project, pulling things out and "messing up" a little and I'm right back at home. Guess I love chaos......

My sentiments exactly!!!

Terryl 09-28-2010 07:14 AM

I'm with you sister :lol: ;-) :thumbup:

featherweight 09-28-2010 07:30 AM

I love organization. I pick up before leaving my sewing room for the day. That way I get to start in a neat sewing room the next day.

ArtisticDesign 09-28-2010 07:39 AM

What sewing room? lol.. I do have a room but its packed with my art supplies = I'm forced to my dinning room table and tossing my china out of the hutch just for sewing space lol...(pause)...oh and even that room looks like a sewing room disaster..but hey, I bought a tool box to use as a huge sewing kit/organizer...I'm almost sure it will now look like a pristine Isle at Joanne fabrics lol

DeniseP 09-28-2010 07:40 AM

Me too! if it's clean I can't work. My sewing room always feels inviting to me no matter how messy it gets.