Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Zentangles? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/zentangles-t259319.html)

wendiq 01-07-2015 08:45 AM

Zentangles?

Does anyone here do Zentangles? A friend sent me a doll for Christmas that she made and she did the entire front of this doll with fabric she had Zentangled. I am fascinated......

QuiltnNan 01-07-2015 08:50 AM

were you interested in zentangling the quilting or the piecing?

feline fanatic 01-07-2015 08:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have dabbled in zentangle. The original zentangle is doodling with pen and paper and then shading with pencil. But it lends itself to quilting. I have never heard of zentangle piecing. Here is a picture of some zentanglesque quilting I have done (the background behind the cat). While not zentangle in the true sense (which is most often associated with repetitive designs and doodle designs broken down into very basic elements) it does have a sense of zentangle.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]505065[/ATTACH]

Tartan 01-07-2015 09:07 AM

If you put Zentangles in the QB seqrch box, you should see some samples.

mckwilter 01-07-2015 09:30 AM

www.zentangle.com is the site of the originators of the term. I am on their newsletter list and enjoy looking at the pictures and trying out the new tangles. You can find their list of certified zentangle instructors and see if there is anyone in your area who has gone thru their classes.

SewExtremeSeams 01-07-2015 09:52 AM

Beautiful work Feline, WoW!!!

roguequilter 01-07-2015 10:45 AM

this is gorgeous. i started reading & researching zentangle a few years ago. i have a friend who attended a retreat at the place run by the originators of the term. but tho interesting, i didn't feel any desire to learn to do any tangles, until i started seeing them used as quilting motifs as you have done here. this is incredible. and your quilting is beautifully done!

Onebyone 01-07-2015 11:02 AM

I took a class some years ago when it was becoming popular. I wasn't interested enough to continue with it. My then neighbor who took the class with me kept it up longer until one day she said well what am I going to do with papers full of doodles? I think it's nice that some are using it in quilting. It's all original.

ManiacQuilter2 01-07-2015 01:21 PM

Odd man out. I had never heard of it until I read the post. Interesting.

judy363905 01-07-2015 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7037657)
I took a class some years ago when it was becoming popular. I wasn't interested enough to continue with it. My then neighbor who took the class with me kept it up longer until one day she said well what am I going to do with papers full of doodles? I think it's nice that some are using it in quilting. It's all original.

I also do it with Pen and Ink...I do cards, pictures for gifts. Very fun and relaxing :)

Judy in Phx, AZ