Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Q bot quilting system >

Q bot quilting system

Q bot quilting system

Old 04-13-2023, 09:00 AM

Default Q bot quilting system

About a year ago I purchased a King Quilter with a Grace Hoop frame from an individual. I should have done my homework....but didn't. It came with a Q-bot quilting system that I was estatic about. However, to my dismay I have found that it won't work with the hoop frame. My options now are to buy a different frame which I really don't have space for, or to just sell the Q-bot and call it done.

Any advice?
Old 04-13-2023, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

There are so many things to consider. Are you happy quilting with the King Quilter on your frame without the Qbot? If so, maybe the solution is to sell the Qbot. If not, why not? Is it the frame, or the machine, or something else? Do you feel comfortable quilting without robotics?

Will the Qbot work with the King Quilter if you get another frame? Have you researched other frames to see if there's one that will fit in your space?
Old 04-13-2023, 02:10 PM
Gay

I have the QBot (original version - not updated) and love it. What is the issue exactly, can't connect it? If you have the old version you may need a different connection, as most modern things use usb nowadays. Did you get all the attachments and wires to set it up on the frame? You could ask for help at https://www.myqbot.com/ - they are very helpful.
If your QBot is version 3 and you decide to sell it I could be interested, just send me a pm
Old 04-14-2023, 08:41 AM

From what my understanding is, from the Qbot folks, it will not hook up to my grace hoop frame. Therefore, I can't possibly use it. All of my quilting thus far has been with my Bailey, (free motion) or rulers, and now the King quilter. With the King Quilter and grace hoop frame, I can at least sit to quilt. I have issues with my back due to past injuries and the car wreck I was in and barely survived. Sewing and quilting keeps my sanity.