Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quality Fabric >

Quality Fabric

Quality Fabric

Old 05-28-2018, 02:30 AM

I’ve read many members’ posts that have been satisfied with Marshall’s but I’ve not yet purchased from them. I’m trying to use up some of my existing stash...
Old 05-28-2018, 02:51 AM

Thanks ladies for the info on great fabric buys! Love to site see at all the wonderful online shops.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:56 AM

Did you find the Snuggle flannel to be double woven, I think is the term when it is a bit thicker than some flannels?
Old 05-28-2018, 06:02 AM

Are the prices listed on Marshall's Dry Goods website for 1 yard or 1/2 yard? Couldn't find anywhere that indicated this! Prices seem too good to be true if per yard!
Old 05-28-2018, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by janjanq View Post
Are the prices listed on Marshall's Dry Goods website for 1 yard or 1/2 yard? Couldn't find anywhere that indicated this! Prices seem too good to be true if per yard!
If you click on the item for more information it states that it is for one yard...
Old 05-28-2018, 07:26 PM

I try to support my local Quilt shops. They keep their prices lower than a lot of places but they cant beat the discount places like Marshals Dry Goods and offer the best fabric. I shop local because the day is coming when the locals will all be gone. Also if I have a problem, or need a large table table to cut on my store welcomes me in. They also have great classes and nice kits. I have made a lot of friends at the two shops here in South Carolina. Dont think any of those things would happen if I ordered online.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Maureen View Post
I try to support my local Quilt shops. They keep their prices lower than a lot of places but they cant beat the discount places like Marshals Dry Goods and offer the best fabric. I shop local because the day is coming when the locals will all be gone. Also if I have a problem, or need a large table table to cut on my store welcomes me in. They also have great classes and nice kits. I have made a lot of friends at the two shops here in South Carolina. Dont think any of those things would happen if I ordered online.
I wholeheartedly agree! I have an awesome LQS and the owner is worth her weight in gold! She is an expert in quiltmaking and sewing clothes, in addition to being really nice and having a great eye for choosing fabrics. She always keeps a sale section so there is definitely something for everyone. I support her business because I want her to stay in business!
Old 05-30-2018, 01:03 AM

Y'all are very fortunate that you have local quilt shops. I think the closest one to me is about 45 or 50 miles away. Not really local cause it is in a totally different town and county.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:50 AM

I bought fabric from Marshalls and was very happy with it. I especially loved the flannel I bought from them. I just love a thick flannel and that is what I got. I recently picked up some flannel from Hancock's of Paducah and was very disappointed in how thin it is. All I can say is I'm very happy that I don't live close to either of these shops!