Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Queen Quilter 18 Sit Down

Queen Quilter 18 Sit Down

I just bought a QQ18sd and am disappointed in the lack of info for this machine on the internet. I know it was bought out by Tin Lizzie. I’ve now discovered there’s no ruler foot for it (*sob*).
    Please tell me there is an owners group here, or a FB group, or Anybody out there that has one too.
    Jill
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-06-2019 at 12:52 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps

A little water under the bridge, but you really should have done your research first which would have told you that there was no ruler foot available. At any rate, there seem to be Tin Lizzie Facebook groups out there. Just put Tin Lizzie in the search. Best of luck.

I'm not familiar with the machine, but perhaps someone with some metal working experience could craft you a ruler foot. You already have the basic height and shape of a foot, you just need a ring around it .... do you have more than one foot that you could have one adapted?
    A husband is the perfect confidant to tell your secrets to - he can't reveal them to anyone else because he wasn't really listening when you told him!

Blog Entries
    I have the original Queen Quilter18 stand up longarm. Yes they have been bought out but I believe it was their son and he rebrand the name. I have a ruler foot for mine, so I'm sure you should be able to get one for your sit down machine. Here is the site who bought out Tin Lizzie http://www.locksmithlizzie.com/

No research needed. A fellow quilter practically gave it to me. It triples the amount of quilting space my domestic has. It’s fabulous for FMQ and straight line quilting. Before I got it I looked for a ruler foot but it didn’t get confirmation until later. No biggie, but it would have been nice.

Thanks for the help!

Gay
    Blog Entries
    I understood the Queen Qltr was a Tin Lizzie rebranded, and yes, the TL owners son is managing the business now. The foot I can see in the videos is the same as my TL foot, and I use rulers with it. Is there different foot?

Quote Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
    I'm not familiar with the machine, but perhaps someone with some metal working experience could craft you a ruler foot. You already have the basic height and shape of a foot, you just need a ring around it .... do you have more than one foot that you could have one adapted?
    Didn't I read a hint here...quite a while back...about glueing a washer/washers to a foot to make your own ruler foot?? I've not tried it-- just wondering. Also, while doing a search for a sewing accessory on eBay, I saw ruler feet that appeared to be from China...very inexpensive. Perhaps you could inquire/ find a fit there.

Blog Entries
    I have a Queen Quilter 18, stand up type on a quilting frame. I was able to buy a ruler foot for it from a Tin Lizzie outfit. It makes a slightly larger outline, not quite as small as a ruler foot that gives quarter-inch clearance. But it works. On the regular foot that came with it, I am able to do some ruler work BUT have to raise my foot a tiny bit by using the screw on the foot bar. Raise just enough to clear the ruler when the ruler is behind the foot. The ruler foot I purchased from Tin Lizzie dealer cost just over $50!! Don't know how much it will cost now, 6 or 7 years later.