Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ques Tin Lizzy 18-8 >

Ques Tin Lizzy 18-8

Ques Tin Lizzy 18-8

Old 07-19-2017, 06:27 PM

Default Ques Tin Lizzy 18-8

There is a Tin Lizzy 18-8 on a frame for sale locally.
They guy who has it got it for a trade. He is not a sewing person. Has it set up in his garage.
Is just selling it. So is this a good brand of long arm?
What do I look for on the frame?
Any help is very appreciated.
TIA

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-20-2017 at 03:02 AM. Reason: remove moderation note
Old 07-19-2017, 06:54 PM
Gay

I have this machine with a stitch regulator and QBot and love it. There were a couple of issues (racing and tiny stitches ) but this was fixed by dusting off the sensor behind the wheel cover. The dealer where I bought was no help at all, but the makers now have several tutes on their website which help. I also needed to cut a small piece of fabric like a washer, to place in the bobbin casing to stop eyelashing.

The frame I bought with the machine is aluminium and not so happy with that, especially after I extended to 10ft, as the join causes problems when using manually, no issues using with the robot. Another dealer tells me I need steel tracks to make moving much easier, and I have yet to have this done.

If your TL is set up do insist on trying it out first, to make sure it works, and how easy it will be to manouver. They are not light-weight. Let us know if you buy, and there will always be someone here to help I"m sure.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:56 AM

I have a Tin Lizzie with stitch regulator, works great. What is a QBot? Also do you put that little fabric in the bobbin under that thin metal piece that is in the bobbin?
Old 07-20-2017, 09:36 AM
Power Poster

I agree with trying it out. Make sure you know the brand of the frame so you can check it out on the web. I would make sure the table is level also before trying. It will make a big difference in sewing quality. Also consider what size the frame extends to and what size quilts you make. Also what extras are you getting (machine and frame manual, leaders, rulers, stitch regulator, extra bobbins, side clamps, needles)? I have a Grace frame extended out to 12' with a Juki machine. Can you get pictures (from front and back) and post with the asking price?
Old 07-21-2017, 04:50 AM

Also you need to be sure there are instructions for putting the frame back together once it's taken apart. The frame is not extremely easy to put back together and must be level. Always try the machine to be sure it works properly. Good luck!
Old 07-21-2017, 03:46 PM
Gay

Originally Posted by janice1120 View Post
I have a Tin Lizzie with stitch regulator, works great. What is a QBot? Also do you put that little fabric in the bobbin under that thin metal piece that is in the bobbin?
QBot is an older computerised robot formerly sold by Pfaff dealers when they introduced the Grand Quilter, attached to the machine to automatically stitch designs, much like embroidery machines.
The bit of fabric is a substitute for that thin metal piece in the bobbin casing. I did this before I knew I could buy the metal ones, and no-one around my area would have sold them anyway.