Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick, Easy, Yet Stunning??

Jan is right about the Triple Rail fence pattern - its super easy. I also like the 5 minute block - it isn't as picky as the 10 minute one. You can leave the edges as is or fold under for the curved effect. Here's a baby quilt I did using the pattern.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love the tube quilt on Missouri Star.

Quote Originally Posted by dsch View Post
    I like the disappearing 9-patch.
    This is my "go to" pattern when it needs to be done quickly. You can have it organized or scrappy. Here is a link to a scrappy looking one that I did late in 2011 as a gift. It was however a planned quilt - I had a stack of 9 golds and a stack of 11 browns.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...h-t167091.html

Looks complicated but goes together like a dream.
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

Magic Square is another easy quilt that looks very cool.

I also like the disappearing 9-patch amd she won't knowthat it is easy or fast.
    ood luck Ethel

You've gotten lots of great suggestions and I can't think of a thing to add. Hope your daughter is doing well and good luck with all your quilts.

I did this one and made the top of the quilt one large square for a king sized bed. It turned out just beautiful and did not take me a tremendous amount of time. Here is the link. http://www.quilterscache.com/C/Carpe...heelBlock.html

Blog Entries
    I have been trying to make this block, but just can't figure out what size the stripes should be... What size did you use for this quilt?
    I live in the St Louis, Mo area.

Power Poster
    The ten minute block is great...I just made one with charm packs....It looks even better with the smaller blocks but goes really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by mighty View Post
    I have found that Debbie Maddy's designs go together fast and easy but are quite stunning.
    Thanks mighty! There were so many great suggestions on here, and I looked at each and every one of them! I LOVE the French Braid and will definitely do one of those at some point. Love the Shadowbox too! But as soon as I looked at Debbie Maddy's designs, the Labyrinth quilt (which quiltstringz also mentioned) really jumped out at me! Looks simple enough, yet it's gorgeous!

On another note, on looking at all the designs that people suggested, I came to realize that as I looked at the pictures, more often than not I thought to myself, "I see how that's done. I could do that!" I've been quilting for about 2 1/2 years now, and I guess I'm finally getting to the point where I can actually SEE how to do some quilts rather than needing detailed instructions for them. Maybe I'll be designing my own someday? LOL!

Donna
    DonnaFreak

"Some days it's just not worth it to chew through the leather straps."

Two of my favorite fast quilts are "Just Can't Cut It", and "Walkabout", especially if one of your fabrics has a large print. These look great, and go together very quickly.

I love warm wishes so easy and fast and looks great

Almost always I go to the Take 5. Latest one I did for a Silent Auction at our church: You can put borders on or not. Blocks are 12", so you can go 4 across/5 down for a lap size or add more for larger quilt. The borders on this are 2-1/2" and 6-1/2".
    Name:  IMG_0173.JPG
Views: 564
Size:  826.8 KB

I'm a big fan of Irish chain. Only two fabrics, and half the blocks are plain. Done with the right combination of fabrics, they can be gorgeous. I try to get a stunning print for the plain blocks.
    ~hannajo~
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

These are really great patterns that go together very fast and look wonderful in every fabric combination I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper View Post
    I agree with the others....the D9P is an easy one that looks complicated.
    I also like the BQ, BQ2 & BQ3 patterns from Maple Island Quilts.

http://www.mapleislandquilts.com/quiltpatterns.asp

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...HMeP0QGC7YCIAw

Carpenter's Star, it goes together quickly, but looks great. I bought Debbie Maddy's pattern, but, I think Blank Fabrics has a free patterns.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    Jenny Doan's 25" Big Block Star Quilt. It's awesome and easy and you make 12 blocks and have a king size quilt. And you use 2 of the same layer cakes and a cream layer cake with the same cream color for background material. Go to YouTube and type in: Jenny Doan Big Block Star Quilt and scroll down about 4 or 5 videos and you will find it. You make four triangles out of two 10" squares. It is sooooooooo easy and they are big blocks like you want! And order some border fabric. But you need 2 layer cakes of the main fabric!! She is having a 'daily deal' on a lot of layer cakes right now at www.missouristarquiltco.com/
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

This one, hands down, is my new favorite!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex2wmgSKJl4

Blog Entries
    Try a YELLOW BRICK ROAD PATTERN. I made this CRIB size top in three hours, and I'm more or less a novice yet. Its made with 6 fat quarters.

I think often that the real stunners are done with great colors. They do not have to be intricately pieced. Just make in colors they love. I made a d4p and a simple log cabin variation alternating blocks quilt and it was very cool. All done in different scale prints in black and white with a bright coral accent. My brother LOVED it. And the girls wanted one too.

The checker block in the center of the one block was the cut from the d4p and I replaced it for a solid coral block in the original d4p to give the quilt continuity. Very easy and quick.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 01-08-2013 at 10:02 AM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Shifted log cabin - gives the effect of curves if you do the blending right, and it's so easy to put together if you chain stitch. Here's one that I made for my guest bed. You just have to do the math so that the blocks come out to the right size for a bed quilt (or just add a couple of borders if they're short).
    - Kim

kimkolbquilts.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Mary View Post
    Try a YELLOW BRICK ROAD PATTERN. I made this CRIB size top in three hours, and I'm more or less a novice yet. Its made with 6 fat quarters.
    I love those built ins in your family room grandma Mary.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Haven't made it yet but The Big Star Quilt on the Missouri Quilt Co. tutorial on you tube looks really quick and easy. The blocks are 25". It's next on my list.
    Love to quilt

Gloria C

I have made many many quick quilts using any interesting block ... i usually pick an intricate or more difficult one....and enlarge to scale i want for the final size i want....using say 6" squares instead of 2". They make beautiful quilts - and you get to use a block that you might not want to do too often as a 12 x 12 cuz they're a lot of work. Good luck !!
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Blog Entries
    my favorite is the warm wishes pattern the pattern was originally a linus project so sure you can find it on the internet if I was home I would send it to you

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast