Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Quilt Preview

I love it- how fun to see it in EQ and PhotoShop! I have to learn PhotoShop!

Quote Originally Posted by jillaine
    Photoshop, ladies... Here's what it's going to look like:
    Thanks Jillaine, this is a great way to look at multiple blocks.

The photoshop picture Jillaine posted looks really great. I would love to have a quilt that looks like this. She posted this on page l.

That is absolutely gorgeous!!! And way beyond my patience level!!!

attached is a 10x10 view of your block. I have photoshop and just copied and pasted the jpg and then flattened the image.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pdunn56
    I think its gorgeous!! there is a multiplying block tool called EZ View for just this purpose. Heres a link to one site that has it , good luck but I say GO FOR IT!!

http://www.softexpressions.com/softw...ons/EZView.php
    Gee friend, I probably should not have read your post, because I went to the site you listed and now it looks like it is going to cost me $$$. I found several things I really do need, and not just want. I am glad you posted the site, because I found some fab. sheets that are listing as softer than the June Taylor sheets I already have and had planned to use in my two memory quilts, plus the bubble jet set for the sheets. Has anyone used any of these miracle fabric sheets and bubble jet set for them?

I love the block. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. You have to finish it now that you have tempted all of us with the block and we know what to expect. Waiting for the finished pictures.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eb in calif
    attached is a 10x10 view of your block. I have photoshop and just copied and pasted the jpg and then flattened the image.
    You ladies are so nice to use your photoshop for her. Now she can see the whole thing and not have to purchase anything and we can all view it too.. What friends you are!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MommaDorian
    Quote Originally Posted by Kherrin
    Did any one ever say what the pattern is?
    It's Carol Doak's Alaska block from her 50 Fabulous Paper Pieced Stars book.
    I posted last night about my fifty states quilt I am making using crayons, and I will be using the fifty stars from Carol Doaks book for the back of my quilt, but doing the blocks in crayons and not fabrics. Very interesting how it looks done up in fabrics. I have tried to use the colors she has in her book with crayons. I really like the fabric you used better than the colors she has in the book.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaForFour
    THERE IS! There is something called Design Mirror out there where you get two mirrors and a plastic piece to set them in so that they are angled much like a double picture frame would be. You set it on your fabric or block and it shows you multiples.

I wish there was a way to see what 12+ blocks of the same would look like together. I did a block yesterday that I'd like to make more of. But, the colors are a bit bold. I'd hate to make them all and then decide it was too much. kwim?
    You can also tape the mirrors together and use them - I used mirrors this way when I was taching to help students see patterns in math and other subj. areas. This method really helps students that have problems with different subject matters. I know at one time you could purchase these mirrors at some of the office supply stores. But I think the photoshop works better, because you can do the entire quilt all at once and change it all about to whatever design you want.

I think it will look great, go for it. Beautiful work.

wow, love the colors and how the blocks look together, almost like a wreath effect. where did you find that pattern!

Blog Entries
    That will look beautiful with only this block.Love it!

Dorian, your quilt is going to be drop dead gorgeous. Please keep at it and keep us posted. Loved all the input/pictures of how it "may" look. One of the posts clearly showed another pattern forming in your quilt. Maybe you could make these blocks (from 1/2 triangles) be a lighter version of the blue, etc. to tone it down some and may the stars pop. Noticed several didn't "see" the stars. Anyway, whatever you do...it's going to be fabulous:):) Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring us.

That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PatinAtlanta
    I am overwhelmed at how beautiful your block is. If my house was not full of my DD and her wonderful family on their way to being transferred to England, I would want to attempt it.

I like all the different suggestions but agree that your best bet is to make some of them and see how you like them together.

Was it really hard? I am not very adept at paper piecing!!

Pat
    I wanted to say I don't think it is bold either. It is HAPPY. We Never have enough HAPPY in our lives...I love happy quilts. They make you smile!

Pat

No, I don't think it was very hard. I've done a fair amount of PP. If you set your mind to it, you can do it. That's how I taught myself.

I was just looking at the photoshop picture and had another idea. What if you stagger the blocks? Especially since the directions show that you make it in different sections. That way each star will be shown off. Just an idea from a not-very-artistic quilter!

Pat

Here's another version. I used Photoshop too. Here it is with sashing.
    Yes , this I love. I think it goes well with the sashing.

Oh my gosh MommaDorian - that is going to be the most beautiful quilt around - don't change a thing. I love, love, love it!

If you have windows 7, you have the snipping tool and paint program which can be used to create an image of your blocks repeated to what ever size you wish.

snipping and paint tutorial pdf file

Love the quilt and I found the pattern book online.

Quote Originally Posted by nursie76
    IMHO, I think that is an absolutely beautiful star block. I have that pattern book too and just love all the stars. I would like to see how it looked with some type of sashing between the blocks. If you picked just the right color, it would break up the blue and let each star block just shine.
    I agree, I would want the stars to stand out more. Maybe white sashing, with a skinny red border. What ever you do, it will be gorgeous!

Blog Entries
    That is an absolutely beautiful block - I love your colors and the fact that there are only a few different fabrics. I think that makes the block design more distinctive and gorgeous.

W-o-w! Its beautiful!!! Are U into the BOM stars, this is the 1 for March.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ljptexas
    W-o-w! Its beautiful!!! Are U into the BOM stars, this is the 1 for March.
    I have been doing them. This one is also in one of Carol Doak's books. I've been working from there.

In my mind's eye I saw the single block as a bit busy to make a whole quilt, but when I saw the photoshop version I'm absolutely amazed! This will be a STUNNING quilt. Please proceed with it.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 LastLast