Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt retreats >

Quilt retreats

Quilt retreats

Old 05-06-2014, 08:42 PM

Smile Quilt retreats

I'm putting a quilt retreat together and I was wondering if anyone had some fun ideas or great recipes they have used.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:24 AM

I haven't been to a quilting retreat yet but have gone to several scarp booking retreats. One I went to had a swap. People brought items they no longer used or wanted or bought then couldn't figure out why they bought it. Anyway the people that wanted to participate would bring their items. Say they brought 5 items they wanted to swap, they were allowed to pick out 5 items of like items they brought. Example someone brought an album. They would swap for a different item that would be close to an even swap. That way somebody that brought a small paper pack wouldn't be able to swap it for say die cut items. Or if everyone agreed they could do even swaps for whatever was brought. I hope this makes sense. It was a nice way to regime items no longer wanted for something "new" to them.

I posted this at 4:23 am so if it is confusing I'm going to blame it on not enough coffee!!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:42 AM

I have not been to a retreat but did go to what was called an "all day quilt in". Each person as asked to bring a home made treat and the recipe to share. We also had block swaps. There was also a white elephant notions exchange where we could "trade" notions. Everyone was instructed to bring a large brown grocery bag with the mystery notion inside. These were turned in at the beginning of the day. We did not see them again till it was time for the exchange. When the bags were brought out the hosts of the event had added some extra goodies to the bags. After everyone opened their bags and showed off their goodies we were able to exchange bags if we wanted to but had to agree to exchange all contents of the bag for all of the contents of another bag. Only a few bags were exchanged though.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:20 AM

At the last retreat I went to, at one time there was a game of Left, Right, Center with fat quarters. I thought that was a great idea.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:37 PM

Thanks all fun Ideas
Old 05-09-2014, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
At the last retreat I went to, at one time there was a game of Left, Right, Center with fat quarters. I thought that was a great idea.
We did that and brought 6 strips WOF in red, white, and blue.