Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which Quilt Shops in New York State would you recommend? - ones that are definitely a must visit someday?

In Suffolk County, for quilting fabric, I particularly like Patchworks Quilting in Sayville, and Sew What's New in Islip. Also, Pieceful Quilting in Northport and Riverhead and .... there are others. We are very lucky!

Blog Entries
    Patchwork Plus in Marcellus, NY is one of my favorites. It is a comfortable place to shop and the staff is very helpful. It is located on scenic Rt. 20 between Skaneateles and Lafayette.

I am in Syracuse area and don't know what area you want. If you are near here I would not miss Patchwork plus in Marcellus and I would check out Mission Rose in North syracuse and there is Calico Gals in East Syracuse or Oswego. Two of them have been in magazines as top 10's.

I'm in Horsheads N.Y. I like the
    village sampler in Big Flats N.Y. I haven't been to the Quilters corners in Ithaca yet that's my next visit. I go to Rochester alot so I'm going to check out the stores there too ..thnks for the info..

Pine Grove in Kenmore is a dream, and their remnant bins are a real treasure if you're a scrap quilter. Patchwork Garden and Sew What in Amherst. And, you can't beat the ladies at Threads of Time, also in Amherst, for the (free!!!) help you can get during their Monday night quilters' workroom -- I can't thank them enough for what I've learned. We are very lucky here Western NY -- I can name about a dozen shops within a 30 minute drive of Buffalo, and many of them have different areas they specialize in, so you aren't seeing the same fabrics from one to the next.

All the ones I know and many more I didn't know have already been named, so guess I'm just here to learn. Smilesssss

I adore Pieceful Quilting in Riverhead & E.Northport.
    Then there is 112 Sewing in Patchogue - small but friendly.
    A new one opened up here in Setauket ( near Port Jeff) called Beyond the Thimble - seems like it will be good!

I will be in the Buffalo,Rochester, Niagara Falls area in mid May and was going to ask this board for suggestions for shops. Thanks everyone for your favorite places.

There are very few in Nassau County and I don't know of any on the South Shore.

Quote Originally Posted by koko
    Quote Originally Posted by redquilter
    Here in NYC you have to go to THe City Quilter. I used to have a summer house in the Adirondacks and there was a great shop The Quilting Bee in Queensbury. Did you know it?
    I did frequent it but it closed several years ago. Now Adirondack Quilts is the place to go - you won't be disappointed. It's in Glens Falls in the old Shirt Factory building. The building is worth visiting as well since they used to make men's shirts there...it too shut down several years ago but there has been a revival and it now houses many artists and the quilt shop. Great use of the space.
    Love that one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shunem
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnemily
    I have quite a few "got to go to" favorites!!!

Tiger Lily in Utica has a good selection of a little bit of everything.

If you are looking for flannel there is Heartworks in Fly Creek (near Cooperstown). They have a large selection of other fabrics too.

Pieceworks in Oneonta is a great shop too!! Fantastic sales!!!

The Fieldstone House in Sidney is a huge barn with 2 floors filled to the brim with any and all quilting fabric you can imagine. Anything you need she has!! The only complaint I have is that she never marks anything down. Full price always.

In Syracuse you can't miss Calico Gals and Mission Rose. Both are fabulous shops with great selections.

If you want "Adirondacky" fabric from a quaint; unique shop you have to go to the Black Bear Trading Post in Inlet!!

I know there are more but these are my fav's!!
    I was born in Sidney---what a beautiful area. You are making me want to visit!
    Fieldstone is a real experience worry about fire hazard though.

Quote Originally Posted by MissSandra
    I love JoyFul Quilter in Glenville I could not ask for better help!!!
    My Do not bother list goes to Flying Geese in Albany!!! the rudest people ever.
    Soo true!

I keep telling my husband to let me quit my job and open a shop in Sullivan County (Jeffersonville). So far, no go... but we don't have a really local store there yet...

The Glovervilles Sewing Center a great place in Gloverville NY

Quilters Haven is great in Jamestown, NY. :thumbup:

The Joyful Quilter in Glenville, NY (no. of Schenectady)

The Fieldstone House in Sidney Center is fabulous. Out in the middle of no where but worth the trip'

The Fieldstone House in Sidney Center is fabulous. Out in the middle of no where but worth the trip'

H ok I have to admit I have NEVER set foot in a quilt shop and not sure if there are any around me to be totally honest if there are they sure don't advertise well. I a WNY

Fieldstone House Quilt shop in Sidney Center, NY. Wow... what a shop! Over 20,000 bolts. Well worth the time to find it because it's kinda out of the way.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    Village Sampler in Big Flats ..

Quote Originally Posted by pignwdw
    I will be in the Buffalo,Rochester, Niagara Falls area in mid May and was going to ask this board for suggestions for shops. Thanks everyone for your favorite places.
    I live in Rochester. There are two I go to, one in Spencerport to the west on Nichols Road (Betty's Quilting) and one in East Rochester (Patricia's) in the Piano Works Mall. Betty's is smaller but has a lot of sale fabric and the people there are wonderful. Patricia's has about double the selection of Betty's but I've never seen sale fabric there. There is also Ivy Thimble in Fairport (east of Rochester, hard to find as two streets have the same name).

does anybody know stores in brooklyn ny or close byand I wonder if I canfind fabric in chinatown?

If you live anywhere near jamestown there are quilters haven in jamestown, calico cat in lakewood, martha's quilt barn in dewittville, and riverside quilt in warren, pa.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy89
    does anybody know stores in brooklyn ny or close byand I wonder if I canfind fabric in chinatown?
    Chinatown has a few shops that sell silks from China. If you want a variety of fabrics, not just cottons, go to the garment district. Basically, there are tons of fabric stores, street level and in upper building floors. the area is between 8th ave and 7th ave and 41st St and 36th st. My two fav blocks are 40th and 39th between 8 and 7th. there are also great button/bead/embellishment stores on 6th ave between 40th and 36th. My favorites are M&J Trimming, Toho Shoji, and NY Bead.

City Quilter is on 25th between 7th and 6th. There is another store in Soho, can't remember the name...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast