Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Stores and YOU >

Quilt Stores and YOU

Quilt Stores and YOU

Old 02-13-2014, 06:37 PM

Default Quilt Stores and YOU

I am interested in what your favorite quilt stores are and why and where they are located.

Mine is Fabric Depot in Portland, OR
it is so huge and has just about everything you could ever want.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:45 PM

We have a couple LQS's here in Centralia I like but my favorite so far is Hancock Fabrics in Tacoma. I like the fabric selection better than Joann's and the prices seem ok. I would really like to see the one you go to in Portland but I don't get down that way much these days.
Rodney
Old 02-13-2014, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
We have a couple LQS's here in Centralia I like but my favorite so far is Hancock Fabrics in Tacoma. I like the fabric selection better than Joann's and the prices seem ok. I would really like to see the one you go to in Portland but I don't get down that way much these days.
Rodney

This is actually the biggest in USA
they are online.
there are pics that show how big the store is.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:52 PM
Power Poster

There is a little place not too far from here called Mama's Log House. It is jam packed with so much fabric that they are running out of shelf space. I looked over the batiks really well the last time I was there. Jim is taking me again in about a week.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:57 PM

I am very fortunate to live in a small country town surrounded by good fabric shops. Country Treasures, a jam packed quilt shop is only a mile from my house. Tons of great fabrics, pleasant, helpful owner and employees - nearly everything I need right nearby. About ten miles west of me is Water Wheel Quilts which has less fabric, but a bright, modern theme and again, great people. Ten miles south of me is Quilt-Away, another great shop with lots of batiks, novelties, and other fabrics. Good advice available there too, and quite a few good bargains. Ten miles to the east is Frank's, a discount fabric shop with a variety of upholstery, knits, quilt fabrics and notions all at reduced prices. Not far from there is Four Pines Quilts, a small shop in New Hampshire (no sales tax on anything). Good thread selections, some nice fabrics, notions, and more great advice from the owners, a mother and son team. WalMart in that town has some yardage. There are three JoAnn's around me, each about a 45 minute drive in different directions, two of which are in tax-free New Hampshire. So basically I'm in fabric heaven here.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:01 PM

My favorite quilt store is Pappy's Quilting Place in Maryville, TN. They have a wonderful selection of fabric and quilting supplies. They have beautiful quilts on display. The store is always neat, clean, and attractive. The thing I like best are the wonderful people who work there. They are so knowledgeable about quilting and very helpful. They make you feel welcome in the store. They also have excellent classes and sometimes have trunk shows. For the past two years, I have made one of their BOM. Each of the BOMs had been a real learning experience for me. I feel so fortunate to be able to shop at Pappy's Quilting Place. They do have an on-line site; but it is more fun to go to the shop.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:03 PM
Power Poster

Hi Ya Dreamer! My favorite quilt store is Windy Moon Quilts. It is located in the old part of reno. But, there is a great little restaurant very near there that is called Big Ed's. Funny because it is owned by a lady my age. Wonder why she didn't call it Mom's?? LOL...

Windy Moon just opened a new location in sparks, I haven't gone there yet. But, I am sure I will go and see the place when I get a chance. Their prices have always been my draw. Just a little less on anything you get.

I do go to Hancock Fabrics in sparks to shop for some of my fabrics and such for quilting. They run great sales.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
Hi Ya Dreamer! My favorite quilt store is Windy Moon Quilts. It is located in the old part of reno. But, there is a great little restaurant very near there that is called Big Ed's. Funny because it is owned by a lady my age. Wonder why she didn't call it Mom's?? LOL...

Windy Moon just opened a new location in sparks, I haven't gone there yet. But, I am sure I will go and see the place when I get a chance. Their prices have always been my draw. Just a little less on anything you get.

I do go to Hancock Fabrics in sparks to shop for some of my fabrics and such for quilting. They run great sales.
HIYA RED
there is also another really great place up here.
Called Hollyhills Quilt Shoppe
located in West Linn, OR
very cool shoppe.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Power Poster

I love the name of it. How cool is that?
Old 02-13-2014, 07:33 PM

My vote is for Hancocks of Paducah - not connected with Hancocks chain of stores.