Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: quilters anonymous

My name is Bill and I am definitely - a serious QUILTAOLIC, FABRIC-AOLIC.......... :-) And anything else that fits with this catagory of fabric and sewing....... and I DO NOT WANT TO BE CURED!!!!!!! :-)

I sure am a member of the club. Fabric and my sewing machine are my best friends. I have 2 machines going with a different quilt going on each. Yes I am an addict and proud of it.

Donnasue, I miss my quilting sisters from quiltcamp[Quilter's R and R] so much. Maybe some day I'll be able to get to Toccoa again. If I've met you there and you go this year, say hi to all.

My name is Vicky and I am not a QUILTAOLIC! I can quit anytime I want, I'm going to quit tommorrow, no Thursday, for sure next week sometime, I just need to finish this one last quilt, then, I'll quit, I promise.

Hi! My name is Gloria and I'm a quilt-a-olic. I've been quilting sense 1966 and have no desire to quit.
    Happy addiction to all.:)

Blog Entries
    Is anybody as bad as me. When I pass a fabric store or look at fabric on line, it speaks to me "Come in and browse, I know we have something you like." I have so much fabric now that I really don't have room for it. My favorite problem is having a machine break. That's why I always keep a new one still in the box, but tried out to see if it is OK, so when one breaks, I just switch. Just happened this last week. My 7 year old Brother who has made 6 queen size quilt and many, many lap robes started to just click each time the wheel turned. My new Kenmore is wonderful. Yes, I'm a quiltaholic, fabriholic, yarnaholic, sewing machineaholic and designaholic. Design many of my own creations. If, when I take the Brother apart I don't find the problem, Walmart here I come.

my name is Lita and i am a quiltaholic and proud of it

I also have more then 1 machine,4 set up in my sewing room 1 take along. 2 spares . Also can not avoid any fabric shop,We are leaving Friday for Alaska vacation taking an extra suitcase just in case. :) :roll:

I would reply but I need to quilt.

My name is Kriss and I to am a quiltaholic and have passed it on to my granddaughters and friends. It is now in epidemic stages and spreading. No cure in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Wife
    My name is Linda, and I readily admit I'm a quiltaholic. I have been in this condition for more than thirty years and it is getting worse. It's not my fault! The designers are making such pretty fabrics and patterns, and all of you are putting in pictures of gorgeous quilts. You are all to blame, not me! You are enablers! (just kidding of course!)
    My name is Katie and I also am a quiltoholic, fabricoholic and yes you are all enablers. I come here everyday, spending time I should be cleaning, getting new and better ideas, and help from you all. Then, I go quilt, quilt, quilt. My DH is even starting to bring my dinners to me. I need help....:)

I belong in this group, too. I have 5 sewing machines and a basement full of beautiful fabric. I sew and most of my problems seem to go away. That's a good thing. Sometimes I can even forget about food when I am working on a quilt. I get up in the middle of the night and sew until morning. Do I have a problem? I don't think so, I'm just practicing coping skills.

Hi, my name is Mary I am a quiltoholic If I could fit a bed in my sewing room my husband would never see me.

Tell me where the meeting is & I'll be there!
    Quote Originally Posted by judi wess
    Joyce, am so glad that there are other quiltaholics here in N.Ga. Wouldn't "Quiltaholics" be a good name for a group of quilters? We could swap ideas on how to get the stuff into the house w/o being noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by Justok
    My name is Vicky and I am not a QUILTAOLIC! I can quit anytime I want, I'm going to quit tommorrow, no Thursday, for sure next week sometime, I just need to finish this one last quilt, then, I'll quit, I promise.
    HAHAHAHAHA!!! --- very funny

I know that it is a serious addiction for me, and last week, when I went into an LQS (needed a couple of little things), I took someone with me, told them to be my 'Fabric Police' and not allow me to buy any more fabric!
    It worked!

Blog Entries
    Oh, I hope there is room for one more person in this group.
    My name is Dellareya and I am a quiltaholic, fabricaholic, craftaholic and sewaholic. Sewing is my therapy. When I'm in Sewing World, all is well in my world. Thank goodness I have a wonderful husband who supports my therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady-T
    Hello, My name is Theresa and I am a quiltaholic.
    It has been 2 weeks since I last worked on piecing a quilt....ONLY because my machine is in the shop! :)
    Otherwise I'd be in there right now - sewing away!
    Hi I'm Terri and a quiltaholic.

Theresa, the sad, pathetic dilemma you are in now is what drove me to buy 2 more machines. I had awful, terrible thoughts about what would happen if my machine went down! So I went out and bought a featherweight, and then a Brothers. Will it ever end? :shock:

Hi All! I am Diane and I too am a quiltaholic and fabricaholic. I have 4 machines, a cupboard and numerous bins of fabric, many WIPs and I just finished a 3 day local shop hop. I swore only to buy fabric to finish WIPs but... :oops: Now I have fabric to get to finish future planned projects from this trip. So I guess I only buy the fabric I need for what I have planned. :twisted: At least that is my story to my DH and I am sticking to it! ;)

Hi, my name is Phyllis and I, also am a quiltaholic! I buy way too much fabric :hunf: and notions too! :hunf: :hunf: I just can't seem to help myself :roll: and I LOVE it :XD: :XD:

My name is Karen and I am a quiltaholic!! (and proud of it!!!!)

Hi, I'm Marion and I'm a sewaholic. If I don't sew a little every day ( usually a lot) I get withdrawal pains.

Are you having withdrawls?

hi i'm sewmom and i'm a quiltaholic, but i don't want a cure. it's cheaper than therapy and if i wasn't addicted to this it would be some other hobby. mmmmm chocolate tasting?

Blog Entries
    My name is Lauri and I guess I am a quiltaholic because I do some kind of quilting or sewing every day but Sunday. I have been quilting/sewing regularly for about 2 years and I love it, love it, love it.

Blog Entries
    I am a quilt a holic, can I bring my sewing machine to the meeting?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast