Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Arts TV Show >

Quilting Arts TV Show

Quilting Arts TV Show

Old 06-27-2013, 08:15 AM

OMG - Pokey Bolton is on my TV right now. Not my favorite either but I do watch it if I am here and nobody else is here - DH would not want it on. Anyway, she does not have any wedding rings on right now???

Edited to add - in the second segment, she does have her wedding rings on.

Last edited by NikkiLu; 06-27-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:22 AM

This is one of nine shows we get here on Saturday mornings but it's not one of my favorites. I do check subject matter on the schedule and see if it's something I might like so have it taped then.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:27 PM

I agree with Alien Quilter about Sue Hausman, she used to make me so mad, the way she treated her "guests", snatching things out of their hands, throwing things on top of their examples, just rude, rude rude. I used to wonder why anyone would agree to go on her show period to be treated so badly. Now I am an ancient crone, but I like Pokey and I love Quilting Arts and have many, many issues I will not part with until I depart. I don't do art quilts, but only because I lack the courage. I greatly admire many of them. And, I agree about her demeanor on the show, I think she is acting as a good hostess should in asking prompting questions to bring out the best in her guests.... Just sayin'.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:29 PM

Pokey probably knows a lot but with her trying to jam in all the guests she showcases in less than 30 minutes, it makes for a non-satisfying show. She is often abrupt and often doesn't seem to pay attention...I keep waiting for someone named Babs to call out to her that it's time to go to the sorority house. If she could present one guest and really do some in depth questioning and demonstrations she might rise to the next level...but I just delete the programs even though I record in hopes there will be something substantive....
Old 06-27-2013, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
...Pokey....that says a lot for me.......watched it once,twice....not in my realm of interest....is she the one who wears aprons to match her outfit of the day? So cutesy.......

I don't think Pokey and Apron can be said in the same breath.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
...Pokey....that says a lot for me.......watched it once,twice....not in my realm of interest....is she the one who wears aprons to match her outfit of the day? So cutesy.......

I've been scratching my head to picture someone wearing an apron. Can't think of her name, but that gal is on CRAFTING AT THE SPOTTED CANARY She's really cute------pixie hair cut and what Tinkerbell ought to look like in a crafting/sewing room.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Too funny. Pokey (Patricia) Bolton is the Founding Editor of Quilting Arts Magazine, now in it's 12th year. It was totally her idea and she had complete control until she recently stepped down in order to head up the International Quilt Festival. She remains the head of QATV, not just the host. Her husband (an attorney) is the Publisher of Quilting Arts. Both know, in minute detail, all there is to know about the shows, the websites, the forums, the shops, the books, the CDs, the magazines and everything else within the empire they have built. Definitely not an inexperienced airhead.
IMO, she is a very boring host, no matter her IQ. Because of the Botox, and her immovable facial expression, she gives the impression she isn't interested in what her guests are doing and to me, that detracts from the show. Sew It All is good, even tho it is geared to a younger crowd ( which is a good thing).