Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Board Objective >

Quilting Board Objective

Quilting Board Objective

Old 06-25-2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
Janet wrote..."The solution might be for all of us to really make an effort to put our posts under the correct catagory, and to title them more decriptively so all of us can read the posts that are of most interest.'

I think that's a good idea and I plan to be more careful where I post and in the subject box be clearer about what I'm posting. We don't want any members to feel the message board is too much for them, or others to feel their off the topic stuff can't be posted here - there's plenty of room for everyone's needs.
HEAR, HEAR!!!! Please put your messages under the correct category - if it's not quilting related, DO NOT chose "Main."
Old 06-25-2011, 08:03 AM

Patrice has a wonderful since of humor and she has kept it even though this board has grown way beyond what one person can handle.
"Squirrel" LOL
Old 06-25-2011, 08:04 AM

I enjoy this club thoroughly, skip what I am not interested in feel it is all in the game of sewing.

I enjoy this club thoroughly, skip what I am not interested in feel it is all in the game of sewing.

Patrice is a GEM!!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:08 AM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I doubt you would be banned because of it.
Since you joined this site has grown considerably. I myself just read topics that interest me, or that I may have an opinion, or be helpful. I have limited time and can't possibly go through all topics
Old 06-25-2011, 08:16 AM

From all the comments, we don't need more categories. We just need to post in the proper place. If your topic is about a new addition to the family, be it children, pets, or machines, post it in General Chit-Chat. If quilting, then the Quilting Forum. Sounds simple to me.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by donnajean
I check "Unread Topics" & depend on the titles of the posts to determine which ones I will read. Time is limited, so I don't even attempt at reading all the posts. I think the moderators try to move things to the correct category if posted incorrectly.
Ditto, not everything is of interest to me but I look at as many pictures of quilts as I can. I comment when I have something nice or constructive to say, otherwise I generally say nothing. The moderators do a good job, I posted incorrectly one time and was blasted by a member immediately...the moderators fixed it for me and all was well!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Believe it or not, this board costs a small fortune to run. Bandwidth is expensive, and all of those photos that are posted eat up a lot of it. Advertising pays for it so that we members don't have to.

Sorry you feel that our other interests in life are "jibber jabber", and that our sharing them are "too much". It's nice that you have enough of other outlets to entertain yourself with or occupy your time. Not everyone does...we on the board are their friends, and happy to be!

The featherweight "obsession"? Quilters have loved featherweights for MANY years...it's nothing new. I can remember in the 80's and 90's quilters that were looking for a featherweight. If you don't want one, fine...that just means there's another one out there for someone else. Featherweights and other vintage machines are still just machines, like a Janome or Bernina. ~shrug~

I just don't see anyone going without help because our jibber jabber got in the way...personally? I like the jibber jabber...it lets me know that there are real humans on the other side of the post.

"Thank You Charlee" I agree with every word!

Marion
Old 06-25-2011, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Dealbaida
Originally Posted by Charlee
Believe it or not, this board costs a small fortune to run. Bandwidth is expensive, and all of those photos that are posted eat up a lot of it. Advertising pays for it so that we members don't have to.

Sorry you feel that our other interests in life are "jibber jabber", and that our sharing them are "too much". It's nice that you have enough of other outlets to entertain yourself with or occupy your time. Not everyone does...we on the board are their friends, and happy to be!

The featherweight "obsession"? Quilters have loved featherweights for MANY years...it's nothing new. I can remember in the 80's and 90's quilters that were looking for a featherweight. If you don't want one, fine...that just means there's another one out there for someone else. Featherweights and other vintage machines are still just machines, like a Janome or Bernina. ~shrug~

I just don't see anyone going without help because our jibber jabber got in the way...personally? I like the jibber jabber...it lets me know that there are real humans on the other side of the post.

"Thank You Charlee" I agree with every word!

Marion
same here,I like the variety.there is a huge membership and a huge variety of topics,pics,etc.