Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting  board swaps... >

Quilting board swaps...

Quilting board swaps...

Old 02-13-2011, 10:07 AM

I have recently joined a swap where I had never made the item and was so thrilled to find out it was fun. The mug rug swap. I posted pictures so it got moved but I wanted to let other members who do not join our swaps, feel comfortable to do so even if you have never made what is offered.
It is fun and I think everyone likes the varieties they get.
A new avenue for us to show our talents and venture into something new. Now that I have done this swap, I want to make more for gifts and things.
Suggestions for other mug rugs would be nice. And another member, Terryl pointed us toward this swap. Hope more join in with us. It is fun and you meet wonderful members.

P.S. I read a thread on spelling and now I am double checking mine. Sometimes I am so excited I type faster than my mind spells. ROFL.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:45 AM

My fingers have a mind of their own...unfortunately they don't spell any better than my mind does.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:46 AM

Debbie - be sure to try the Quilting in the New Year Swap. We are having so much fun. You are partnered with someone of your own talent level and between the two of you decide what you want to make each other. Sign up for Feb is over, but March will be soon. It is a great way to try new techniques.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:57 AM

The Funky chicken block swap has been super fun right now too! Never really had a thing for chickens before but now I gotta say that I am totally OBSESSED lol
Old 02-13-2011, 11:28 AM

I finally joined a swap doing houses....both Jan. and Feb. were PP which I had never done but have lots of fun learning....now I am joining the star bom....Thanks to the ladies who start these swaps..Aretta
Old 02-13-2011, 12:25 PM

Dream56, I will check it out

Brookemarie - I am in the Funky chicken swap too. I have some reallyfuncky ones picked out too. Hope I get one of yours. I make extras in case someone doesn't get one of mine.

Sally'sgirl - Can't wait to go in and check it out.

I wish I had time for all of them. Maybe when I get my sewing room organized. LOL
Old 02-13-2011, 02:45 PM

I didn't make extra but have mine saved so I can easily make extra of my gamblin chick just would have a different background. Let me know if you don't and I will awns you one
Old 02-13-2011, 05:37 PM

Thank you Brooke. I will put one back for you too.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Administrator

don't ever ask me how often i misspell my own name when i'm typing too fast.

:lol:
Old 02-16-2011, 11:27 AM

Thanks so much Debbie - I've been sewing for years but not quilting for long - I've been scared to participate in a swap, that the person who receives my item will not be happy with it.

I may be brave, put my big girl panties on and venture out... eeeeks.... :shock:

I'm the master of incorrect spelling - the board doesn't have a built-in spell checker :( plus, like you, my mind goes so much quicker than my fingers.

Thanks again for the insight! :thumbup:

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I have recently joined a swap where I had never made the item and was so thrilled to find out it was fun. The mug rug swap. I posted pictures so it got moved but I wanted to let other members who do not join our swaps, feel comfortable to do so even if you have never made what is offered.
It is fun and I think everyone likes the varieties they get.
A new avenue for us to show our talents and venture into something new. Now that I have done this swap, I want to make more for gifts and things.
Suggestions for other mug rugs would be nice. And another member, Terryl pointed us toward this swap. Hope more join in with us. It is fun and you meet wonderful members.

P.S. I read a thread on spelling and now I am double checking mine. Sometimes I am so excited I type faster than my mind spells. ROFL.