Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting with cross stitch, vintage style - yes? no? >

Quilting with cross stitch, vintage style - yes? no?

Quilting with cross stitch, vintage style - yes? no?

Old 08-10-2022, 07:34 AM

Default Quilting with cross stitch, vintage style - yes? no?

So I'm trying to get back into sewing and it's going s l o w , but I did finish a little cross stitch yesterday and remembered how I used to combine cross stitch into wall hangings and small quilts, so I thought I might try that again.

I recently came across this book at JoAnn's - Fables & Fairy Tales to Cross Stitch: French Charm for Your Stitchwork by Veronique Engingeer (if link doesn't work) - which gave me the idea. I would most likely make them as baby or small quilts for donation to hospitals or nursing homes. Or maybe make cloth dolls with a little cross stitch apron - would probably be less time-consuming and who wouldn't like a friend? I may just be thinking out loud, but the idea is appealing and I'm searching for something useful to do when I retire in year or two.

What do you think?

https://www.amazon.com/Fables-Fairy-...ks%2C62&sr=1-1
Old 08-10-2022, 08:47 AM

What a lovely book! You've got some great ideas there - I particularly like the wall hanging or framed cross-stitch concept for a nursery. I could also picture a mobile with some of the smaller motifs in individual frames or two joined back-to-back with a little batting to stabilize it. Have fun with this!