Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rainy day here today=Quilt day...what are you making? >

Rainy day here today=Quilt day...what are you making?

Rainy day here today=Quilt day...what are you making?

Old 06-14-2014, 02:22 AM

Default Rainy day here today=Quilt day...what are you making?

I am going to work on my never ending quilt and try and finish it. I have it half done. I know why I like the simple meandering...its simple and quick...no stopping. I decided to do more of a design on this one that I am doing...I am beginnning to wonder why...it will look good but its really slowing my down. I have another one also ready to FMQ, so will keep that one simple...for ones for me or a very special reason I will do the fancy designs but think that the simple designs will be more in my future...I like to just get it done...I have too much fabric and too many quilts that need to be made to get fancy ; ) Maybe someday when I retire...when working full time and trying to be a quilter just not enough time. So when people ask why there are so many simplier quilts out there being made...its so we have time to do a few. ; )

Last edited by carolaug; 06-14-2014 at 02:31 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:27 AM
Power Poster

Nothing better than a rainy day for sewing.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:23 AM

It's a sunny day here, but it am going to work in some quilting anyway. I've got to clean house good, because granddaughters are coming for the week. They are allergic to dust. After that I am going to work on FMQ. I have about 1 hour of practice done. I read in a book that it takes at least 6 hours of regular practice to get your stitches to smooth out and teach your brain the motions. I am determined to stick with it and learn this time by working for a while every day. Happy sewing everyone!
Old 06-14-2014, 04:25 AM
Power Poster

I hope to finish hand quilting a July wall hanging and get the binding on. Its a nice quiet day here,everyone busy elsewhere.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:43 AM

I thought for a minute that I wrote that post. I agree "maybe when I retire" I will have more time to quilt. Today, I had planned on watching our 18 month old grandson, but turns put they didn't need me too. Maybe I will get some time to work on my grandson's I spy quilt now.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:03 AM

I'm still working on blocks for a block exchange. I hope to get back to quilting a quilt I have sandwiched and ready to go.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:12 AM

My DH loves a rainy day..... he says it's a guilt free day. You can't go out and mow the grass or weed the garden. You can just sit and read or watch a ball game without thinking, 'I should be out there doing outside stuff'. I don't know why he says that. I'm the one that does most of the outside stuff.

But, I will work on the baby quilt I'm trying to get finished even though the sun is shining. Maybe I'll get a little outside stuff done, too. Who knows...... I try to do what inspires me...... I get more done that way.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:33 AM

"Someday when I retire".......famous last words. We have all these plans (well, at least I did.) That's when life really hit me (and that was 16 years ago!). Filled with doctors' visits, errands for this one or that one, taking care of the little ones, volunteer work, keeping up a home that was well-neglected when I worked, etc. Fast forward sixteen years and voila: still not much time to quilt. Home still needs attention and the days are flying by. So hubby and I take each day, one at a time, and figure it out from there. Bottom line is I like the simpler quilts also. I've just finished my first (and last!) chevron using HSTs. Simple but drove me crazy.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:49 AM

Well...almost done the FMG'ng...another hour and should be done. Hubby just sprung on a cookout that we need to go to at 1:30pm so that is getting me moving...I want to finish this quilt before I leave for that...I would like to get the binding on too..so I can give it to my niece tomorrow...fingers crossed....well back to the sewing machine I go.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:50 AM

It's gorgeous here, so probably no quilting. Most likely a nice drive.