Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Retreat interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaye-Kaye
    I am just 2.5 hours from Kansas City. A retreat would be fun. Would we want to do a long weekend or what?
    I like retreats that run from late Thursday afternoon until early Sunday afternoon. That gives you Thursday evening to get unpacked and set up and then you get to sew two full days before you have to pack up and leave.

I'm thinking there has been enough interest expressed already in this thread to go ahead and get prices.

WOW! This sounds like a "GO" to me!
    I'm with you scissor queen. I don't want to cook or even think about cooking while I'm on retreat. And Thursday afternoon/evening till Sunday afternoon is usually about all the time I can spend away from home. Get us some prices & see what time frame is open for this. Do you know if there's a minimum or maximum number of people for this facility?
    thanks so much for thinking of this.

Could someone who is not a member of the board be invited to attend...like my sister and her daughter?

I've never been to a quilt retreat, so, what are somethings that you do? is it all quilting or do you shop some too?

Quote Originally Posted by Barb_MO
    Could someone who is not a member of the board be invited to attend...like my sister and her daughter?

I've never been to a quilt retreat, so, what are somethings that you do? is it all quilting or do you shop some too?
    The more the merrier! I think there are some shops in the area for those that want to shop.

Senior Member Dorothy of Kansas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm definitely interested. What part of Kansas would this be held in? I'm currently in Oklahoma and would be willing to pick up anyone along the way. I drive a mini van, so could haul the machines as well as fabric!! Keep me posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy of Kansas
    I'm definitely interested. What part of Kansas would this be held in? I'm currently in Oklahoma and would be willing to pick up anyone along the way. I drive a mini van, so could haul the machines as well as fabric!! Keep me posted!
    It's a little west of Kansas City, Ks.

I sent an email to the contact person and I'll let everybody know what I find out when she gets back to me.

Blog Entries
    I'm in depending on dates. I live near the metro area. WOO HOO!!!

Blog Entries
    I would be interested, I would have to fly there of course, but even so it is so far away that I think we could swing it. Just need to know the details :) I think it would be really fun!!

Would love to go to one in PA! Just can't go at this time.

Kyia

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyiav10
    Would love to go to one in PA! Just can't go at this time.

Kyia
    Are you anywhere near Lancaster, PA? I visit there sometimes.

I would love to come. Will the roads be clear that time of year? I own some property (or rather my late husband did) and I have been needing to take legal papers and get it transferred to my name. Sounds like a good excuse. I would drive and bring machine. I'm handicapped and can't fly. Just too difficult nowdays. I am near Austin if someone wants to share.

I may be interesed. I'm in Illinois, so I'm thinking it wouldn't be that far for me. I guess it just depends on cost, timing, etc. But I would surely be interested!

The lady got back to me and pretty much the only weekend left this fall is the 28th thru the 31st of October. The rates depend on double, triple or quad occupancy and whether you get there thursday or friday.

The highest rate is 243.60 for thursday arrival and a double room. The other two rates for thursday arrival are 219.60 and 213.60.

If the date and the rates are acceptable PM me to sign up.

Sorry, I wouldn't be able to go at that time. Have to work.

It would be an awesome trip. I think that flying would be hard because of taking your machine and supplies.
    I would be coming from Eastern Montana. If there is interest from anyone in Wyoming, Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota or Nebraska I could plan a route one of those directions and pick up 3 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Barb_MO

I dont see why not....HOWEVER , it costs nothing to join the board...so there is an easy solution...just my thoughts.

Margie :)

Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    The lady got back to me and pretty much the only weekend left this fall is the 28th thru the 31st of October. The rates depend on double, triple or quad occupancy and whether you get there thursday or friday.

The highest rate is 243.60 for thursday arrival and a double room. The other two rates for thursday arrival are 219.60 and 213.60.

If the date and the rates are acceptable PM me to sign up.
    Darn, I cant make it that weekend. In answer to the PA question, I would love to go to one in PA if it is a weekend I can make.

Margie

If you do it next year, count me in! Can't do it this year, sorry.

Rose

This sounds like fun! I am very interested but would like to know exactly where it is. Is there a website we can see? I think I can drive there in 6 or 7 hours from here.

Quote Originally Posted by billswife99
    This sounds like fun! I am very interested but would like to know exactly where it is. Is there a website we can see? I think I can drive there in 6 or 7 hours from here.
    Here's the web site for the place under consideration. There's a chance the October weekend may get booked by another group and we'd have to wait until next spring or find a different place.

If this place becomes unavailable for this year I can probably find another place.

http://www.talloaks.org/

Blog Entries
    Wow, I want to go to a retreat also. Maybe we all of the members of this group we could meet in different states for retreats to make it easier to drive instead of fly. Also maybe some of the members here could teach the classes.

I am 53 years old and live in Indiana, USA. I know of a lady that set up a retreat in Shipshewana, Indiana at a big motel and it filled up fast. This is an idea to contact the big hotels to see if we could get a conference room to have our big sewing retreat in so we could lock up the door when we are sleeping. How does this sound.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    Wow, I want to go to a retreat also. Maybe we all of the members of this group we could meet in different states for retreats to make it easier to drive instead of fly. Also maybe some of the members here could teach the classes.

I am 53 years old and live in Indiana, USA. I know of a lady that set up a retreat in Shipshewana, Indiana at a big motel and it filled up fast. This is an idea to contact the big hotels to see if we could get a conference room to have our big sewing retreat in so we could lock up the door when we are sleeping. How does this sound.
    Sounds great to me, depending on where it would be. If I went, I can teach machine applique.

When we have a retreat at a hotel, the last person in the sewing room at night locks the door and leaves the key at the front desk. The first person up in the morning opens it back up. At no time is the room ever left unattended. Some of the smaller hotels can handle a 30 person retreat also. Having a pool at the hotel is a real plus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by billswife99
    Here's the web site for the place under consideration. There's a chance the October weekend may get booked by another group and we'd have to wait until next spring or find a different place.

If this place becomes unavailable for this year I can probably find another place.

http://www.talloaks.org/
    I won't be able to make it this year. For others that are going, someone should see if a local quilt shop can provide machines for a fee so that those why have to fly in can still sew.

Looks like fun! Wish I could join you all, but about that time, I will be knee-deep in wedding preparations.

Hello everyone. I live about 15 minuets from KC im interested.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast