Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Riccar 750

Anyone have one of these? I'm interested in a good machine to buy my mother in law. I can't find much when I google it. Any info would be great.

Is this the machine you're talking about:

http://www.sewingmachineoutlet.com/ric750.htm

I have had the Riccar Vacuum Cleaner for more than 6 years and absolutely love it. It is made in the good ole USA.

Yes, that's exactly the one! It looks nice, and for the retail price, one would expect good things, but there is so little written about it. With all the quilters on the board I thought at least one person must have that model. Hope they share their experiences with me. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Why this specific machine? There are quite a few good machines available at a reasonable price that are much more popular. This looks like a pretty basic machine. Even at half the retail price, it would be over-priced (in my opinion, anyway).

Sears Kenmore machines have a good reputation (they are made by Janome) and come with reasonable prices. A lot of people like Janome and the current Brother machines.

Check http://www.patternreview.com for buyer reviews of specific brands and models.