Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotor Blades

CORRECTION

In my post on page 10, I said JHittle sells the blades in 20 per pack for about $15.

I was wrong! I was thinking in multiples and used the wrong number. They are 10 per pack for $15.00

My apologies if this upset anyone. It is still better than buying them at the local stores.

They will be listed along the left side bar as Rotary cutter accessories = then go to generic. They do clearly state that they do NOT fir the Martelli brand cutter.

June in Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by PenelopeG
    Cannot find these in the UK, HF web-site does not list UK for postage. Anyone know different? or of anywhere else they can be bought so cheaply? Replacement blades in UK 3.95 for one!
    That is actually cheaper than here in US. I was at a LQS and they were $8.00 for one.
    But with a 40% coupon I guess that is $4.00.
    But $1.49 for two. MUCH cheaper.
    I found 2 packages on Thurs.

Quote Originally Posted by june6995
    CORRECTION

In my post on page 10, I said JHittle sells the blades in 20 per pack for about $15.

I was wrong! I was thinking in multiples and used the wrong number. They are 10 per pack for $15.00

My apologies if this upset anyone. It is still better than buying them at the local stores.

They will be listed along the left side bar as Rotary cutter accessories = then go to generic. They do clearly state that they do NOT fir the Martelli brand cutter.

June in Cincinnati
    Did you happen to see if they have 60mm blades?
    Never mind I found then.
    Thanks any way.

Quote Originally Posted by PenelopeG
    Cannot find these in the UK, HF web-site does not list UK for postage. Anyone know different? or of anywhere else they can be bought so cheaply? Replacement blades in UK 3.95 for one!
    One of US quilters could always get some and send them to you! It wouldn't be that hard if you'd like us to help!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That is great, I so need some blades but I cant afford there shipping cost. Thank you and God bless.

I just called my local HF and they have them. I usually use a 60mm cutter but at this price, I will go back to the 45mm.

Thanks for the post - I hate paying for regular blades -- I use them until they no longer cut well and then I get hacked off they didn't last very long.

Quilters are a force to be reckoned with are we not? Imagine all the carpet guys that are like....whaaaaa? All of them waiting for backordered round carpet cutting blades!
    I hope China steps up production for all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by magpiefeather
    Quilters are a force to be reckoned with are we not? Imagine all the carpet guys that are like....whaaaaa? All of them waiting for backordered round carpet cutting blades!
    POINT! ! Big HOW-DEEEE from me to you

Blog Entries
    The Harbor fright in Monroeville Pa was out of the 2 pack blades but I bought the cutter and it comes with 3 blades so that still works out to 1.33 a blade and that s still good.

I wonder if they are scratching their heads wondering where are all the blades going lol

Quote Originally Posted by magpiefeather
    LOL good one Magpie !!

Just went and picked up the 15 packs they had available at the HF near me. The cashier gave me a strange look :-)

Blog Entries
    Gotta tell you this one. I called Harbor Freight in West St. Paul
    in the Signal Hills Shopping Center. I bought the last six, ordered 14 more and told the lady what I was using them for. She told me she was a quilter too, never heard of this and was pleasantly surprised and is going to buy some too. So, you West St. Paulers, St. Paulers, Eagan and IGH, ask for Samantha at Harbor Freight. I am so excited. I got ten for me and ten for my friend. We are set and ready to go. Will pick them up tomorrow AM. Edie

I am sure someone has told them by now. Now if they only hold the price down for us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grammo013
    I am sure someone has told them by now. Now if they only hold the price down for us.
    Yup, I was the one that told them only because she also is a quilter and she deserved to know. I am also picking up a cutter - $4.00 plus three blades. Hey, I am set for life. My friend is set for life and the woman that works at Harbor Freight is set for life and she can get a discount besides.

Actually, my husband said the same thing. Everyone is going to find out about it and the carpetlayers are going to go after all of us. It is their tool!!!! Edie

thanks for the tip ! I just went and ordered them on line for me and my sister!

:-)

Blog Entries
    If you can find a store near you, your best bet is to go to the store - otherwise the mailing cost is exhorbitant, I think!

I went online also and was gobsmacked by the price of the mailing. But, in the long run, you will still be ahead, considering what the price is otherwise.

Golly we are smart, aren't we? Specially the lady that started all this. Penny saved is fabric in our pockets!!!!!! Edie

Power Poster
    Wow. Good for you.

Ok so today I went to my HF and I asked for all 11 of the packages of blades that they had and the guy scratched his head and said that today was the day for strange requests. I was out of my element for sure in that store. lol So I now have 22 blades to keep me going for a while. Thanks to who ever it was that let us all in on this great secret. :) I have said this before and I will say it again, you guys are all so wonderful!!

One thing I forgot to ask the other day was HAS ANY ONE TRIED THEM OUT YET? just to make sure that they are alright.
    For those in Australia why don't you try places like Bunnings and see if they have them in their store. I will next weekend when I'm down in Brisbane and will let you know if I find them and the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Annya
    One thing I forgot to ask the other day was HAS ANY ONE TRIED THEM OUT YET? just to make sure that they are alright.
    For those in Australia why don't you try places like Bunnings and see if they have them in their store. I will next weekend when I'm down in Brisbane and will let you know if I find them and the cost.
    I got the last two packages at the store near me and then called the one by my son. He went and picked up 5 more packs.
    I tried them today and they work like a charm!!!!

Gladstone, Oregon by way of Washington(the state)
    Isn't there a rotory blade sharpener out there? Could have swore I saw one before. Hmmmm, now there's a new item to look for out there. ;-)

I went to HF yesterday and of course they were out!!! So I got a "rain check" for 10 packages. The clerk looked at me kinda funny but I asked him if he could start carrying extra cuz I see a run on them in his future. LOL!!

I have used mine and love them. 5 layers cut like it was nothing. My mat is fine also. sounds like a winner to me. Oh and do you think carpt men and carpenters really stand a chance against quilters on a mission to save money for more fabric. :lol:

I wonder if there is a carpet supply that carrys the rotor blades.. Hmmm yet another place to look. :-D

I am glad that they work. i did not want people buying the only to have them NOT work. Thank you for that information. Now I too can look for them at Bunnings when I go there.
    I will also check my local carpet place and see if they will sell me some if they are cheap enough. Thank you again.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast