Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Row by row >

Row by row

Row by row

Old 08-27-2014, 09:04 AM

Default Row by row

8 rows finished quilted and bound. I took it to the LQS and won the fat quarters plus a gift certificate because theirs was part of it. Have seen many rows around the state but my favorite is a simple one of the Macinaw bridge which was simple and had crystals on the cables. Of course, it one of my favorite places to go. Didn't think I would be the first in but since retirement, I am in my studio most days. Store has the finished quilt otherwise I would try and put a picture up.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:19 AM

CONGRATS!!!!!! Good job! What fun!!!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:25 AM

Done well sheesh you are fast, I like the bridge too. But the trailers from Birch Run are cuties too
Old 08-27-2014, 10:48 AM

Is it at Quilt-n-Bee? I was there this afternoon and they said their first row by row had been turned in this morning. It looked very nice. They are displaying it on the side behind the counter. I really like your bridge row. The material for the sky and the sparkles added a lot.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:32 AM

I too finished the 8 rows 1st in my local shop. I won 25 fat quarters plus another 25 since I used their kit in my 8. 50 free fat quarters!!!!! Had a difficult time choosing though.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:53 AM

Oh my, I haven't even gone to collect that many. I guess I need to get busy. Congrats on your finish. You need to go over to the shop and snap a picture. We all want to see.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Cam's gram View Post
Is it at Quilt-n-Bee? I was there this afternoon and they said their first row by row had been turned in this morning. It looked very nice. They are displaying it on the side behind the counter. I really like your bridge row. The material for the sky and the sparkles added a lot.
Yup, that's mine. I would have liked to add borders and make into a full sized quilt for the guest room but with the buttons, beads and crystals didn't think it would hold up. I have a wall in my bedroom where it will work well. Next year I want to do it again without the embelishments so can make it with the borders for a bed quilt. I was told the store in Marquette sold 600 kits to make the bridge row which I think is a lot for a shop in wayyy northern upper peninsula Michigan (love the UP).
Old 08-28-2014, 08:45 AM

I am in Michigan at the moment. I collected some in Florida near my home there and have gone three shop hops with a friend here in Michigan. Have the rows - lots of them - but not started putting them together. My favorite was the one from Marquette with the bridge. Too far from where I am. I'm going through Frankenmuth and Birch Run this weekend for a family reunion so will hit those two quilt shops there and one of them is the camper one. It's been so much fun doing this with a friend. We also went to Shipshewana IN for a couple there so I have them from three states. I'm sure some will end up in placemats and other forms.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

Don't tease... please get us a picture next time you go to the shop!
Old 08-29-2014, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Lafpeaches View Post
8 rows finished quilted and bound. I took it to the LQS and won the fat quarters plus a gift certificate because theirs was part of it. Have seen many rows around the state but my favorite is a simple one of the Macinaw bridge which was simple and had crystals on the cables. Of course, it one of my favorite places to go. Didn't think I would be the first in but since retirement, I am in my studio most days. Store has the finished quilt otherwise I would try and put a picture up.
Which store did you get your bridge at? I see that there is one in Marquette that has a sunset behind it and then one from Cheboygan......going to Cheboygan this week so will definitely check out the quilt store there.