Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Rulers that were a waste of money?

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    i have a 4" x 36" ruler. i thought it would come in handy for cutting all the away across the width of folded yardage. turns out i'm not coordinated enough to keep the ruler straight over that long a cut. :lol:
    Patrice--after placing ruler on the fabric-place your hand on the lower 1/3 of the ruler--rotarycut just 1/3 of the way up-- STOP-do not move the rotary cutter from the fabric- lift your hand from the ruler without moving anything except your hand then place it on the ruler in the middle- then continue cutting with the rotary cutter another third of the way. continue this process until you are all the way up to the top of the fabric.

Blog Entries
    If you use the Starmaker 8 for your flying geese, you can make any size without wasting fabric. Try them, you'll like the 3 Starmakers. Kaye Wood www.kayewood.com

I use my 8 1/2 x24 quite a bit and I use a gripper handle. I have those Zimmerman rulers that has never touched a piece of material,nor the dresden. June Taylor's shape I do use and like it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4