Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sashiko machine >

sashiko machine

sashiko machine

Old 05-21-2013, 07:35 AM

I know that normally it takes a little heavier thread for it to show up. I have several different sashiko embroidery block designs on my pc for when I get around to making them. You'd be surprised with what you can do with an embroidery machine, sashiko, crochet, etc. Lot of cool neat things. Sashiko machines are one of those luxury items that you want but would have to be in a really good place financially to get one and not feel bad about it. I still feel bad about the cost of me emb machine and it does lots of different things.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:40 AM

If you can have it - do it! Love the Baby Lock machines but just can't afford to have that one.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by RebTrev View Post
The stitches do Not unravel! Each stitch is locked. The back of the quilt does not look the same as the front. I'm very glad I purchased my Sashiko II.
Each stitch is locked. the thread weight should be between 40 and 100 weight. A friend and I split the cost of a used one. I am quilting a Day and Night quilt in WVU colors for a nephew's graduation gift in December. The stitches are looking great. I am having some issues with breakage, possibly needing to clean more often and oil. So even though it sounds like a simple machine, there is a troubleshooting learning curve that we will achieve. Hopefully we will be paying for it by quilting for others. We do Not regret buying it. If fact, we have split the cost of a used HQ18 Avante with computer system we also plan to conquer !!!!! Learn or die

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-16-2018 at 08:45 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 11-04-2014, 07:05 AM

I bought one this summer when they were on sale half price. It is the sashiko 2. I was told they came out with the sashiko 2 because they found something more to add to it, not there their were problems with the first model. I am sorry to say that I may have started out with too big a project for the machine. I decided to quilt a small twin size quilt on it and have had nothing but problems. You have to clean it constantly or it messes up.. Right now I am having problems with it breaking thread. I have bought every brand of thread know to man . I even used the thread that came with the machine and you stitch about 12 inches and it breaks. Not sure if its me or the machine, but I was on a retreat when I bought it , and 120 miles from home. I need to make a road trip to the shop I bought it from. Very disappointed and sorry I bought it. I had wanted it to quilt log cabin quilts and decided to try to quilt by the block and then assemble. Not working. If anyone out there has one and can help me with my issues I would love it.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:46 AM

I would try all the normal trouble-shooting tips - check your thread path, change needles, make sure your needle size is appropriate for the thread size, etc.

If all that fails, you could always call the shop and see if they can help you over the phone.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Power Poster

The dealer closest to me has sold out of all of the Sashiko 2 machines and has customers waiting for more to come in. I guess it's not too expensive for a lot of sewers. I sewed on one set up for demo and it sewed smooth. The back stitch looked just fine to me.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:21 AM

I purchased a sashiko 2 at a retreat 120 miles from home. I am having all kinds of problems with it breaking thread after it worked great for a few projects. I did everything it said to do in the book and even adjusted the bobbin. I know super big no,no. I even ordered a new bobbin assembly which cost me $130. and that didn't fix it. Have you even had this with your machine.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-16-2018 at 08:49 AM. Reason: remove PII
Old 11-18-2014, 10:02 AM

First of all, adjusting the bobbin tension is absolutely Not a no-no. I do it all the time to adjust for different fabrics, threads, needles, etc. Whomever told you not to touch it was wrong.

Unfortunately, I don't own that machine and can't help you, but I was wondering about support. If you bought it from a dealer, you should be able to at least get phone support.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-16-2018 at 08:46 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 11-25-2014, 04:12 AM

I'm not familiar with the Shashiko by Baby Lock. Check out the Juki F600. I believe using stitch #65 on the Juki will give you this stitch and hundreds more stitches for less money.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:06 AM

I bought one this summer at a retreat 120 miles from home, so I have a long road trip to go back to the shop for help. I also am having a hugh problem with breakage. I have gone over everything and stitch 4 or so stitches and then it breaks. I bought it new and it makes me want to cry. If you figure it out , Please Please Please post it on here to help others.