Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Seattle Quilt shops

Thanks for all the ideas. My daughter and I are heading to Poulsbo on the 22nd of this month and I was going to ask the same question of our quilting friends. I'm writing all these down...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GwynR
    Whenever we get to Pikes Place Market I have to head to Undercover Quilts. It is a small shop jam packed with beautiful fabric and very friendly helpful owners. I always find something I can't live without!
    I was there in May while touring Pike Place Market. I agree that for a small shop, it is stuffed to the gills with beautiful fabrics. My husband happily parked himself at Pike Place Brewery, a few paces away, while I poked around at Underground Quilts for a couple hours.

If you ever get to Port Angeles, we have a quilt shop called Sleepy Valley Quilts. They have lots and lots of fabric and notions and pattern books and the like. It is a small place, but the people there are friendly and helpful. The Quilted Strait used to he bere in Port Angeles and they moved to Port Gamble and I used to live in Seattle and used to go to the Undercover Quilt shop. Tiny place, but lots of fabrics and things to choose from. There's a Joann fabrics in Burien which is south of Seattle. I think there is one other fabric store in burien also, but I don't rmemeber the name of it. HAve a great trip, Huggies, Fay

Blog Entries
    :thumbup: try the pacific fabric stores too.. Also try the quilt shop in downtown Seattle called quilts underground.. at the pike place
    market.. Good luck and have lots of fun when u come to Seattle area..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jean1234
    :thumbup: try the pacific fabric stores too.. Also try the quilt shop in downtown Seattle called quilts underground.. at the pike place
    market.. Good luck and have lots of fun when u come to Seattle area..
    :thumbup: google quilt shops in Seattle area...

Oh yes! I have no idea where Pacific Fabrics is as ours closed (GREAT deals that week!), but our store was rather large and had wonderful fabrics!

There is a great little quilt shop (Undercover Quilts) near Pike's Place Market near the restaurant.

Over the Rainbow (online shop) is on Camano Island (about an 1 hr away). If you call her, sometimes you can visit (http://overrainbow.com/). I was going to try and visit the last time we were in Seattle, but we didn't have a car.

I will be visiting my daughter on Whidbey Island in September! Any specific shop recommendations for Whidbey? Some listed here are nearby so I already have a list started!

Jackie

I went to Undercover Quilts today and got a few batiks. She had so many beautiful fabrics it was hard to choose. I'm hoping to get to a few other shops as the week progresses. Thanks for all your suggestions. Kathy

While in the Chehalis area checking out Sisters, there is also Quilters Junction in the Fairway Center just a couple miles north.

I too live in Puyallup and the Quilt Barn is a great shop and the people are very helpful. They are on East Main in an industrial area towards Sumner. They have enlarged their shop so you have a large selection.

Bayside Quilting in Olympia - My hometown! :) http://www.baysidequilting.com/

Gee Gee's in Yelm - about 30 minutes away from Olympia or Tacoma - http://geegeesquilting.com/

There are still Pacific Fabrics stores in 5 locations around the Seattle area. I think you would enjoy those. Locally owned and great quality stuff. I do happen to work for them, but I was a customer long before I was an employee and it was always my favorite!
    http://www.pacificfabrics.com/locations/
    Annette

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I like a little shop in Pike Place, and have taken the ferry across the bay to Bremerton(?) for a visit to their quaint little quilt shop. My favorite place when I come to the Sew Expo (usually held the end of Feb/first of March in Pullyallup) is to hang out at Pacific Fabric and Crafts. Love those ladies! I think they have a shop hop in the Seattle area, not sure when, but enjoy!!

Kas
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo Mama
    I love the Calico Cat in Auburn.
    Sad to say, but the Calico Cat has closed. One of the employees opened her own shop in Kent called Running Stitch Fabric. It is at 213 1st street in downtown Kent. Just starting out, but a nice selection.

Get yourself out to Bellevue to Quiltworks Northwest. It is close to Seattle and easy to find. Lots of selection.

Another vote for The Quilt Barn in Puyallup!!! They are wonderful and have a fantastic selection!

Quote Originally Posted by Kas
    Sad to say, but the Calico Cat has closed. One of the employees opened her own shop in Kent called Running Stitch Fabric. It is at 213 1st street in downtown Kent. Just starting out, but a nice selection.

Get yourself out to Bellevue to Quiltworks Northwest. It is close to Seattle and easy to find. Lots of selection.
    Too bad about Calico Cat - I wonder what happened? Anyway, when I go up next month I will go to the Bellevue shop - since I'm going to Bellevue Square anyway. Might go to Running Stitch since my brother lives in Kent. Thanks for the info.

Kas

Too bad about Calico Cat - I wonder what happened? Anyway, when I go up next month I will go to the Bellevue shop - since I'm going to Bellevue Square anyway. Might go to Running Stitch since my brother lives in Kent. Thanks for the info.
    Mary's husband died of cancer. A year or so later she went on a cruise and met a wonderful man. She decided she would say yes when he asked her to marry him! After 30 years of working in the quilt business, she was just tired. She tried to sell, but no one bought the place, so she just closed. It was very sad. I cried a lot and she hugged me a lot. But I couldn't change her mind. LOL!

Mary's husband died of cancer. A year or so later she went on a cruise and met a wonderful man. She decided she would say yes when he asked her to marry him! After 30 years of working in the quilt business, she was just tired. She tried to sell, but no one bought the place, so she just closed. It was very sad. I cried a lot and she hugged me a lot. But I couldn't change her mind. LOL!
    I took my first quilting class in Mary's store when it was on Main street. My Mom lived just down the street. She was a nice lady.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2