Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Thread: To See If Anybody is Interested - US and International Round Robin III

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Quote Originally Posted by SazuBMidlands
    Woohoo! Sign me up again, though I think only for one group this time!
    I got my IRR1 back home yesterday, quilted and finished, and am so pleased with it, and can wait to get my other 2 babies home from IRR2. :-D
    Did you take a picture of that of it? Enquiring minds want to know....
    Yes, now posted at
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-26814-6.htm
    (hope that works)

I am interested but will be out of the country for the whole month of August. Will the first mailing date be later in September or early October to give me time to do a center when I get back? Have the dates been determined yet? I will have some computer access while away so will try to check in on the board as often as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Sew cornie....I am like you...there are some centers I cried about when I had to send them back out. Some are just so beautiful in person, pictures don't do them justice! There have been a few that I have said outloud...nope, sorry, gonna keep it. lmao

what if center is preprinted an bigger than centers are to be.I have two alike an have had no idea what so ever on what to do with them an this would be perfect for Round Robin

I would love to be part of #3. I already have a pattern picked out.

Okay....this is what I have been working on this weekend and think it is the block I want to use. I had such a hard time making up my mind and may change it yet.:) Please, please give me some feedback and tell me what you think. The block measures approx 20" x 20".

The Spirit of Dancing Horses
    Name:  Attachment-75074.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  78.9 KB

close up of how beautiful this fabric is
    Name:  Attachment-75219.jpe
Views: 3
Size:  87.9 KB

OMG it's gorgeous!! Beautiful colors.

I thought the center blocks had to be 12" or 24" or 12" x 24". If not that would be great then I could do what I originally wanted to do. Someone please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by vovoa
    OMG it's gorgeous!! Beautiful colors.

I thought the center blocks had to be 12" or 24" or 12" x 24". If not that would be great then I could do what I originally wanted to do. Someone please let me know.
    If the sizing rules for IRR III are the same as IRR II (the one currently in progress), your center can be minimum size 12"x12" and maximum size 24"x24". This means you can do any square or rectangle as long as it's within that size window.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori L
    Okay....this is what I have been working on this weekend and think it is the block I want to use. I had such a hard time making up my mind and may change it yet.:) Please, please give me some feedback and tell me what you think. The block measures approx 20" x 20".
    Lori and others trying to work out what size you should use...I'm sure that Terri will start out with a 3" border...like the others have been...so no matter what specific size your center is..it makes it much easier to work with if it is a size that works well with 3"...does that make sense?....so you see the 12"..15"...18"...etc. really work well. I'm betting that Terri won't make you start out square..that would be your choice.

Terri...if you want to smack me and tell me to shut up...please do it in a pm...but I will now... :oops:

Dancing horses are stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Lori and others trying to work out what size you should use...I'm sure that Terri will start out with a 3" border...like the others have been...so no matter what specific size your center is..it makes it much easier to work with if it is a size that works well with 3"...does that make sense?....so you see the 12"..15"...18"...etc. really work well. I'm betting that Terri won't make you start out square..that would be your choice.

Terri...if you want to smack me and tell me to shut up...please do it in a pm...but I will now... :oops:
    well you know.....I'm so squeaky close to 21" that the multiple of 3 thingy works....I think. When it comes to math, it gets a little frightening. LOL

Lori your center is stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by vovoa
    Lori your center is stunning.
    Thank you.....I was really nervous about this, I want something special and something that everyone feels they could work with if it came to them.

Blog Entries
    Yowzers, four days and Lori already has a top made!!! Terry will have to start a picture thread before long.
    That top is great. Lots of inspiration for people adding to it. One of the best things about a RR is the opportunity to work with patterns you did not choose. This stretches the creative juices just a little more each time.

Blog Entries
    Lori...I think your center will work into a gorgeous quilt...lots of opportunities for others to draw design elements from it! I was just mentioning the size thing so you would all keep it in the back of your mind...I'm sure yours will work out great!

Absolutely interested. Project I haven't tried before, but sounds like a lot of fun and having a deadline will keep me busy with my hobby even more than usual. Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Lori...I think your center will work into a gorgeous quilt...lots of opportunities for others to draw design elements from it! I was just mentioning the size thing so you would all keep it in the back of your mind...I'm sure yours will work out great!
    Thank you Pat......my block is kind of self designed and the size I ended up with just happened to be the size I ended up with.....clear as mud??? :) The joy of self design........I can always make it another size with very little effort. So, If multiples of 3 works out easiest for everyone, I'll make sure it's a multiple of 3. No problem......gives me a good reason to play in the "quilting studio" again today. Yipee!

Since i am new to piece quilting, may I ask why multipulies of three? I am kind of dumb about somethings that everyone is talking about on this sight. Don't get me wrong, I love this sight, I am learning so much and I really enjoy everyones quilts. They are so beautiful. I am use to just doing squares and making comforters.

love round robins! send me the rules.
    malke
    [email protected]
    sew-materialistic.com :D

I would definatly be interested in a round robbin in the United States.

This is beautiful!!!! It will make a wonderful block. Good choice.

Terri,

I have decided not to join #3, but please put me on the list of people that could help out if someone had to drop out of a group.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baba71
    Since i am new to piece quilting, may I ask why multipulies of three? I am kind of dumb about somethings that everyone is talking about on this sight. Don't get me wrong, I love this sight, I am learning so much and I really enjoy everyones quilts. They are so beautiful. I am use to just doing squares and making comforters.
    Baba...in the Round Robins we have generally started with a "center"...then it is followed by "rounds" (borders) that are put on by someone other than the owner of the center. There are size requirements on each round. In the past, the 1st round has been 3"...thus the talking about the multiples of 3...does that make sense to you?

I would love to do this...sign me up please :)

Yes, I understand better now. The center should be a multipule of three and so are the borders. If my center is 24 X 27 that will be a multiple of three, is that right? I'm sure when the instructions come out it will say what size evrything should be.

I am saving my bday and Christmas money so I can join next years. Between shipping and buying fabric for the rounds will be too tight right now. But really really want to do one.

Kyia

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast