Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing feet storage? >

Sewing feet storage?

Sewing feet storage?

Old 12-20-2012, 07:56 AM

I have an old Janome, the feet are stored in the top of the machine by the thread spool, I keep a tuna fish can with a piece of batting in the bottom next to my machine for the 3 feet I use the most. works for me. LOL
Old 12-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Power Poster

I wonder if you could mount a magnetic strip close but not to close, to your machine? I know they make them for Chef knives to mount on the wall. Would there be a spot on your sewing table to mount one? of course it would only work if your feet are the kind of metal that would stick.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:53 AM

If you have some wall space, I suggest you consider a hanging jewelry organizer that has multiple little plastic see-thru pockets. The organizer hangs from a standard clothes hanger. It can then hang from a pretty hook within reach of your sewing machine. One with zippers would keep dust off your feet and other small notions. I paid $12 for mine and have seen them less expensive. For my feet, I use a floss organizer but I have room in a drawer of my sewing table to store it. The magnetic bar is a good idea! Take care and Happy New Year.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:29 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Originally Posted by franc36 View Post
So did mine; but I have so many feet that I bought an additional one and also added extra hangers so I could store additional feet. Large feet such as my walking foot and BSR are stored in boxes on the shelf under my machine.
Me, too. I have additional feet with no place but the drawers of the box to store mine. But I haven't bought a second one. I didn't think of that. Was it expensive Fran? I have a wooden ruler hanging shelf with a drawer that I store my walking foot.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:33 AM

I have a magnetic bar on the wall above my sewing table. I got it from IKEA and it holds any =thing you want it to. I put lots of things there. I show you the picture.[ATTACH=CONFIG]383254[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_2085.jpg  
Old 12-20-2012, 10:08 AM

Use a magnet holder for pins mant different designs and those feet using will stick on them and not run away.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:24 AM

Hummm, the magnetic thingy looks pretty interesting! And so does the tackle box thingy. Hanging jewlery organizer, gonna google that. Thanks, you gals are coming up with some great ideas!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:31 AM

I use a clear glass powder box with a beautiful lid my DD gave me for Christmas a long time ago to store them. At my advanced age, I needed to create a habit so I woouldn't forget where I put them. It also reminds me of how thoughtful she is.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:34 PM

My DH bought me a magnetic strip and mounted it on the pegboard that's behind my machines so I can easily reach my scissors and other things I use all the time. He got it at Harbor Freight for just a few dollars.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:43 PM

I use a plastic box designed for fishing lures (purchased at WalMart). It has tons of dividers so each foot can have it's own little compartment, and if I travel with my machine, it's ready to go.