Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Machine Dealer Problem---UGH >

Sewing Machine Dealer Problem---UGH

Sewing Machine Dealer Problem---UGH

Old 05-15-2012, 02:32 PM

I kind of went thru the same thing. I took my machine to my LQS for my old machine and the sent it to the repair person they used. He called me awhile after that and at first told me how much the part was new then called back and said he found the part used. It was still going to be alot of money but my machine holds it value so I wanted it fixed. It was months later and then the store stopped working with him and at first they were going to try and fix it with the new person but I bought my Ruby instead and since I had a warranty thru the person I had originally got the machine from but couldn't get in touch with at first. I told them I would send it to him. There was no charge. I paid 25 to take it to UPS and have the box it up so that it would be warranted and shipped it off and it didn't even need any parts just adjustments. I guess that guy was just trying to get money from me. It almost worked. It sounds like you need someone else to look at your machine. Rather it's the factory or another dealer. I know here we have the Sew and Vacs and a few others that are authorized for most machines but if you have a warranty you may be better off with the factory. I wouldn' t pay him anything either.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301 View Post
I just got off the phone with this dealer and he sent it back to the factory. He never called to let me know this or ask if I wanted that done. And it will be coming back to him. I am happy it will get fixed but feel this is just another poor business practice.
Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I had a similar issue with a Hoover carpet cleaner. It was brand new and after 3 months it stopped suctioning water out of the carpet. I took it into the dealer 8 times in one year. They never got it to work properly for longer than 10 minutes. I was ready to never ever purchase another Hoover again! After the warranty had expired, the dealer started charging me an hourly rate to fix what had never worked properly in the first place. I called the manufacturer in frustration. Turns out there had been a design flaw in the water collection bucket, and the manufacturer had issued free replacements of the bucket. My dealer had not replaced the bucket nor informed me of the flaw. I expressed my unhappiness with the dealer, the manufacturer sent the replacement bucket directly to my home and extended my warranty another year - not that I ever needed it again. The machine has worked beautifully ever since. They also dropped that dealer! He went out of business shortly after that.

I hope you are able to resolve the issue with your dealer soon and get your baby back!
Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301 View Post
My machine came back from Alabama. They said it was a VERY easy fix. They have a minimum to charge and that was fine for what they did. They raised the feed dogs a bit and lengthened the stitching. It works great now.

I will return the box to the original dealer. He mailed me back the WRONG footpedal even though mine had my name on the bottom of it. He sent some cheap one that comes with the low cost machine. He is holding mine hostage until I return his box. I used mine that came with the smaller Janome.

Corporate will be getting a long letter with the good and bad.
Stories like the above made me avoid the little guys merchants of anything-be it sewing machines, carpet cleaners, vacuum cleaners, or even bicycles from local to me based dealers anymore. With the household products listed, I buy from the big box stores, select brands with some durability proven reliability, and/or positive reviews about it, and use until it breaks. Then buy another one as most are imported from some far east country nowadays. I know people are going to be very mad at me for not supporting the smaller businesses, but I had enough with them with my own horror stores and victimization for a lifetime (and large bills too).

End of runaround headaches-and huge bills.

Last edited by Bicycle Hobo; 05-15-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:20 AM

One of the MOST annoying parts was when I talked to corporate headquarters. They made it sound like it was my fault.
I understand being loyal to your dealer----but I am the customer. 3 months with the ole coot---3 weeks to mail it out of state, get repaired and mailed back to me.

I just put on 3 bindings and it work great.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:05 PM

Glad it is finally fixed, sorry it was such a horrible hassle. There is NO excuse for such poor service, and with the internet these days it is a shot in the foot!