Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Table with Airlift >

Sewing Table with Airlift

Sewing Table with Airlift

Old 03-14-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by vivientan
Just wondering if any of you have a DIY sewing cabinet with an airlift to show me? Really needed more inspiration here!
Yes, I suggested to you above to Google "sewing machine table directions" and many options will come up. Some with the airlift, some without. You will need to sift through them to see if any meet your expectations - and your carpenter's skill level.

And I'm sure there are cheaper airlifts out there. You'll need to search for them.

If you want a dual purpose table where the machine disappears, without the fancy lift, then you can re-purpose a dining room table or desk as indicated above. Just keep the piece you cut out so it can be set back in.

There are many examples on this board, but the search function is pretty useless, but you could give it a try.

Keep on eye on http://singapore.gumtree.sg/ - not a huge selection but I see that sewing machines/cabinets occasionally come up for sale.

And why don't you write Arrow directly to see if they supply any retail outlets in Singapore? That might be more fruitful than asking a predominately US audience if a company ships to Singapore.

Here's a link to a Singer dealership in Singapore - why not contact them to see if they know of any tables available:
http://www.singer-sg.com.sg/
Here's another multi dealership:
http://www.eguide.com.sg/Companies/G...Sewing-Machine

Good luck.
Thanks so much for the great info! I've checked with most of the sewing machine distributors in Singapore but they do not carry sewing furniture. Will keep exercising my options and hopefully find something that works for me. :)
Old 03-14-2011, 10:16 AM

My sewing cabinet does have the lifter, and I do like it. I can have it level with the table top for flat sewing, or can raise it to do freearm sewing, and it must be above the table top in order to use my embroidery attachment. When I close my machine, there is a piece of matching wood to fill in the hole. The new machines are so heavy, that I really would have a hard time lifting it into position without the lifter. My cabinet was custom made by a man who did work for my dealer, it is a very simple style.