Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Should I buy this fabric

I just received a new catolog from Connecting Threads and really like the batiks - has any one bought from this company?

Blog Entries
    Their batiks are beautiful! I wasn't disappointed :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    I love Connecting Threads. I have been happy with all my purchases. It is the only thread I use. I haven't bought any batiks, though.

I've been buying from them for years and have never once been disappointed. I recently bought about a dozen of their batiks and were very happy with them. :thumbup:

Bought from them many, many times! Love their stuff.

I think their batiks are pretty too, I am ordering some, but havent before. Cant wait!

I haven't ordered batiks from them but have ordered before and would recommend them. Gotta pay a few bills first and groceries. If I can I've got a list of charm packs, including the batiks I want to order.

np3
    Blog Entries
    They have great fabric!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    YES!!!!!!!! I bought a bunch of their batiks and am very happy!!

Yes, I bought some of their batiks to finish a quilt that I am making. When the fabric came in one of the colors was not what I had ordered. I wanted different shades of browns and this one fabric was a winey pink color. The color number on the fabric was not the one I had ordered. When I emailed the company they told me to keep the fabric that was wrong and they sent me the right fabric at absolutely no extra cost to me at all. I was very impressed with them. It is not the first time I have ordered from them, but it was the first time that a mistake was made. I will definitely keep ordering from them in the future.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I agree. They are wonderful to do business with! Same thing happened to me and they were great!

I got that same catalog and was wondering how they were. Their prices seem reasonable. Glad to know they are a good company.

May I ask you to explain the quilt pictured in your avatar? I can't see it very well, but it seems to have some interesting elements, and looks to be well thought out and accomplished. Is it of your own design?

Connecting Threads is great. They have the best customer service, they ship very quickly, and they are just very nice to deal with. I have ordered from them many many times and have never been disappointed.

I have always loved the fabric from Connecting Threads and the batiks are just beautiful.

Thank you DebraK.-we call this the Harley Quilt -I made this 2 years ago- it is all hand appliqued on a queen size - The general is riding a harley in front of a plantation ,with the rebel flag and american flag- it took me a good 8 mos. to finish it and loved every minute of it. I need to make a better picture of it -Thanks for asking.

:( I am so disappointed, i have been into the Connecting Threads Site, and love everything in there, to find out that i cannot receive anything from there as i am in Australia. They don't do international Shipping. bugga. Their fabrics are so colourful. grrrr.

:( I am so disappointed, i have been into the Connecting Threads Site, and love everything in there, to find out that i cannot receive anything from there as i am in Australia. They don't do international Shipping. bugga. Their fabrics are so colourful. grrrr.

Blog Entries
    just received my newest order from connecting threads..with a batik fabric included. it is great! i even did a color test and my batik did not bleed at all!!!that is quite an accomplishment in my world!
    the only thing about the order that caused a little confusion on my part...i ordered 2 yards of this batik...on my invoice there was a line that said ..
    quantity 8 ... of jewel something....and i was confused...i had not ordered 8 of anything...so i called them...the lady of the phone was very nice and very used to this same phone call, she said, happens all the time...they charge out in 1/4yd. incriments...so 2 yards = 8 for quantity.
    the price was great...just a little confusing; but now that i know i won't be confused next time :)

I just received the batiks that I ordered and they are beautiful. I will be ordering more at some point.

Blog Entries
    I always order the sampler of each new line. You pay exactly for the yardage in the samplers no cutting costs are added. When that line of fabric goes on clearance I know exactly what it is and then I'll buy yardage of it. I have many CT kits too. There is always extra fabric in the kits.

Just received an order. Like the fabric. They are generous with their yards, and the fat quarter bundle I got was beautiful.

I order from them all the time, I have never been disappointed and they have great customer service. :thumbup: :thumbup: