Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I tell Him?

Husband called me at work to say that he was very sorry, he doesn't know what he did, but he thinks he broke my machine. He (aaaggghhh)tried to sew a ripped pocket on his pants, and after 7-8 stitches he realized that it wasn't working. He cut the thread and sewed his pocket by hand. I will give him an A just for trying to sew it himself. NOW, do I tell him that the machine is set for free motion quilting - no feeder dogs up and it has the fmq foot on it??? Or do I make him feel real guilty :roll:

How old is your machine? Do you want a newer one? :twisted:

Well were you looking at getting a new machine? HMMMM
    I'd have to tell or I would feel guilty. And yes an A for trying!!

that's halarious.. My husband would NEVER touch my machine, so I'm impressed that yours did... I think you should tell him he broke it and its irrepairable and he should buy you a brand new one. tee hee

LOL........ You may want to tell him later after you get home and check out the situation. He may have created quite a tangle that you will have to "fix" before you can sew again. I am all for being honest, but you won't "know" for sure until you can check it out!!

Oh, let him sweat until you get home. Then tell him. But get him to ask first in the future, just in case! And see how much mileage you can get out of this. :?

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel
    that's halarious.. My husband would NEVER touch my machine, so I'm impressed that yours did... I think you should tell him he broke it and its irrepairable and he should buy you a brand new one. tee hee
    He has NEVER done this before, he must have really needed those pants! Machine is only 2 years old......hmmmmm I do want an embroidery machine.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    LOL........ You may want to tell him later after you get home and check out the situation. He may have created quite a tangle that you will have to "fix" before you can sew again. I am all for being honest, but you won't "know" for sure until you can check it out!!
    He was sewing with my varigated fall Superior rayon thread as well, how colorful that pocket would have been!

Banned
    lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.
    The way I feel about men lately guilt is the way to go. Let him think he broke it for a few days then tell the truth. What would he have done if you broke something of his???

I would milk this all weekend if I were you! :lol:

Blog Entries
    Definitely keep the thought for future use. (It may be a get-out-of-husband-trouble free card).

Mine used my machine when he made me a quilted clock. He called his mother in a panic when he ran out of bobbin thread. Thought for sure he had broken it.

I'd let him sweat for a while. My husband, also, would NEVER touch my machine. Pretty sure it might bite him or something. If he breaks it, he has to replace it. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: That's aways the scariest thing for him. I don't touch his tools, he don't touch mine.

At least he was trying to fix his pants. A for the effort and then he did it by hand. WOW.

OMG that's funny! let him sweat a little while then tell him. :lol:

Mine did that ONCE! Gave him the same kind of H%$L that he would have given me. Work on the machine to "try" to fix it while he is around. May be worth a dinner :D

That's so funny! I bet he was thinking sewing is harder than it looks! Don't you wish you had a video? Poor guy. But I agree with the others, he gets an "A" for effort. And that would have been a stylish repair job had the machine been set up for regular sewing!

I agree. A for effort... can you sit and huff a lot whilst 'trying' to fix it... make him think it's worse than what it is?

Log this for future bribary, but I would come clean... eventually.

Blog Entries
    My DH would no more touch my sewing machine than he would the vacuum or washing machine. But my son would. I taught him how to do some mending so I keep one machine ready for him, just in case.

Blog Entries
    laughing....poor guy! :wink:

Blog Entries
    Where oh where is Eddie, and Henry? Would like to hear what they have to say on this topic.

How funny. I bet he is sweating it. Play it for a while, but let him off the hook.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh gosh--this is a riot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My husband won't even step into my sewing room--he says he's scared to. He vacuums--but knows he'd get in big trouble if all those strips hanging from wooden ladders got sucked away. :lol:

A definite "A" for effort. I'd let him off the hook - after a little while.

My husband would never touch my sewing machine I'm sure of that. He just wouldn't.
    I know I would tell him that I'd have to look at it when I got home - and what was so important that it couldn't have waited for a few hours until I got home?... and then I'd have to go to work on it when I got home - just shut the door and start to "work" on it... fix the machine then start to tidy up here or there so it makes it look like I was working on it longer than usual - and then work until it is almost time for dinner and say gee hon, sorry about dinner - you better either make something or go get something.....

Banned
    I thik you should do what ever your heart tells you to do.
    Honesty is always the best. No matter what it is.
    Good Luck
    Bev

Mine would not touch my machine - he would not know where to start with it. He also is no good in the kitchen, but boy can he dust, vacuum and wash wndows, so I'll keep him.

At least your hubby called to tell you what he did - think I would have waited until I could tell in person.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast