Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So what is everyone working on?

Do you like paper piecing? I bought a paper piecting pattern for the Mariner's Compass but haven't had time to work on it yet. I have the material somewhere for it. Someday I'll have to get to it and post it. I bought burgandy, gold and orange fabric for it. I want to make a jacket first and don't even have time to get it going. So much to do.

Connie

I'll bet those are good places to buy blocks. I think some people die and their things get taken to Good Will or to the Veteran's Thrift stores. One lady passed on and she had a ton of stuff with pieces are packed up in baggies. Her son took it to a meeting she was going to every month at Joann Fabrics and they shared the pieces. He came back again with more that he found in the baggies in an old freezer. Strange way to keep them but I guess is't what ever works.

You got a great find.

Connie

I am still a very new quilter, I've been at it for about a year. I have a rail fence quilt in my long arm ready to start quilting. I'm a little nervous about it, but if I have time tonight, I'm going to at least get started on it. I have patterns to follow and I think I've picked a fairly simple one. I wasn't happy with the color of thread I had, so I'm picking up some new stuff tonight.

I have to get my taxes done and then visit my daughter in the hospital. So we'll see if there is time.

I have heard of it. We did some quilt as you go table runners in a class and they have place mats too. It's pretty easy to do. I kind of liked it anyway.

Connie

I am working on 4 patch I Spy quilts for my 2 year old granddaughters. (not twins-- cousins) The pattern is from quiltville. They are going together real fast. I have one quilt top pieced and started on the other one. And also working on BOM's and crumb blocks, and birthday blocks, and a baby quilt for my neice who is due in May.

I've got five projects going right now. I'm still working on my Grandmother's Flower Garden, working on a trellis quilt and a Thomas the Train quilt. I've got a Carpenter's Wheel ready to pin and a Snowman's quilt ready for binding. One of these days I'll actually have the time to get at least one of them done. :oops:

Lee

Blog Entries
    Sigh--tonight I had more energy so I've been sewing a LOT of long straight lines. I added 3 inch wide strips to the backs of two quilts going to the quilters Saturday. Then I added a wide border to one of those wild baby quilts I sewed together. I trimmed everything up, and cut strips for bindings for the two quilts I picked up from the quilter last weekend.

Tomorrow I need to iron the pile that needs that step next. There's the two tops and two back--the bindings to iron in half--and the baby quilt border to press good.

Then I'll sew the bindings on.

Then I'll start something new.

:D

I finished the pinwheel baby girl quilt. All it needs is the label.
    I am putting the border on the I Spy baby boy quilt. Then it will be ready to quilt.
    I finished my blocks for my BOM group. We are having a quilt challenge there too, so I have a chicken quilt started for that. It is due May 15
    I am waiting on batting for a charity quilt and it is ready to go on the frame for quilting.
    I have a second charity quilt top that needs a border then it will go back to the shop for someone else to put together and quilt.
    I am also doing a kalidoscope quilt - I still need to do this months blocks for before we have our next class.
    I bought some fabric to make myself some "grocery bags"
    And I REALLY want to do the mystery quilt that someone posted the link to. Hope I have enough energy to do it all! :D

GMA
    wow - you're a new quilter and you have a longarm - you are my hero.

I just finished my Queen Dresden, Quilting a antique quilt top of Maple leaf, and have done all the hand work for the panels of my Spring quilt. I'll focus on the Maple Leaf to get it finished, then proceed with the rest of the design for my Spring quilt, so I can start another one. My ideas come faster then I can get my quilts done.

I am making lots and lots of crumb blocks.. I am also waiting anxiously for my order from JHittle.com to get my snaps to continue making my beach tote bags I plan to sell later this Spring and Summer. I plan to make the next BOM tonight after work. I just finished Gavin's baby quilt yesterday (I had to sew the journal label to the back of it). I hope to give that to the little boy this weekend. He is 1 years old. hmmm what else... cause you know us quilters always have more than one thing on the go!! LOL oooh I am hoping to start my boyfriend's Van Halen lap quilt next week. I finally got all the photos on photo transfer paper. This quilt will be for his birthday in August. I will get the photos onto fabric tomorrow night during our stitcher's night out group.

I love hearing what everyone is working on right now!!

Cheers

I got a GREAT deal on the long arm. Nolting told me it was worth twice what I paid. I'm just glad I had the space to take advantage of the opportunity. I have been sewing since I was a little girl in 4-H. But just started quilting.

Aggi - you best post a pic of that baby quilt before you give it away

OR ELSE.............................................. .................................... :evil:

(if you already did I couldn't find it :?: )

Quote Originally Posted by annmarie
    Aggi - you best post a pic of that baby quilt before you give it away

OR ELSE.............................................. .................................... :evil:

(if you already did I couldn't find it :?: )
    I think I posted some already, but I will post more especially when the little fella is cuddled under it :)

would hate to upset anyone here :) that "or else" could mean you come threatening me with your rotary cutter.. I can see a hoard of you all now closing in on me with those cutters.. I'll just hold you all off with my rotary mat shield!!! LOL ooh lord.. I think I have stuffed too many envelopes today... I offered to do a little bit of 'grunt' work here at the office as I am having a slow period .. I volunteered to fold and stuff 5000 envelopes to go out to all our tenants.... I think its affecting me!!!

I'm just working on finishing this heart quilt.
    I do have a red top that I need to do something with. I started it, then put it aside to do the heart.
    After that, I think I might tackle some of the BOMs.
    Then maybe some crumb blocks.
    I do need to get some housework done, as I have been doing very little.

Here's a dumb question- what's a crumb block?

I finished a baby quilt on Sat., made a tablecloth and 8 napkins, finishing a table runner tonight. Then a throw (Fieldstones pattern) needed by next week to mail to Japan. (and a quilt for Noah, since I made Zachary's on Sat. now I have to make him one just like it- and it needs to go to Japan too)

I have 1 baby quilt top, 1 throw top, 1 queen top and 1 double top to be quilted as soon as my frame arrives.

So much fabric- so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbm
    Here's a dumb question- what's a crumb block?

I finished a baby quilt on Sat., made a tablecloth and 8 napkins, finishing a table runner tonight. Then a throw (Fieldstones pattern) needed by next week to mail to Japan. (and a quilt for Noah, since I made Zachary's on Sat. now I have to make him one just like it- and it needs to go to Japan too)

I have 1 baby quilt top, 1 throw top, 1 queen top and 1 double top to be quilted as soon as my frame arrives.

So much fabric- so little time!
    Check out this link Barb!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/5158.page

Cheers!

I've spent the last hour floating through cyberspace- going from one site to the next. At first I thought I wouldn't like doing them- I like nice and neat and ordered, but I think I could do it. Reckless abandon- not words associated with me and quilting, but a basket of scraps is calling for me to experiment. Guess what I'm going to try tonight. :)

P.S. Thanks for the info- you've created a monster! I'll post if I can handle the results. (It's like having OCD and telling me to color outside the lines.)

Barbm... let me forewarn you right now... THEY ARE ADDICTIVE!!!!!!! Once you start you can't stop!!!!

Have fun!! post pics!

I as just working on sharing templates of the mariner's sqares for anyone else to download. I haven't had time to use them yet but there are 3 of t hem on here and I have a 4" if anyone want's it just let me know.

Hope someone makes one and shares it with me.

I finished a rag quilt this weekend for a baby gift and didn't get a picture before it was gifted.

I am putting the rows together on a pattern called too pretty to cut. I messed up cutting the borders, but think I have it all figured out and can add an extra row of blocks. Hopefully I can get it done this evening.

Pam H, How did your I spy 4 patch quilts come out? Are you done with them? I am thinking about making I spy quilts for twin babies due in July & I was just curious how yours turned out. Maybe you could post a photo of them?

I've been hand quilting a old churn dash top I bought at the flea market a long time ago. I think most of the material is from the 40's. Anyway, it is a good undemanding project for me. I am recovering from a total hip replacement earlier this month and am spending a fair amount of time resting. Hand quilting is one thing I can do.

Have any of you guys had a hip replacement? I would love to hear how long it took you to recover,etc, if you have.

I haven't had a hip replacement, but I would like mine replaced with smaller ones. :wink:

I started to work on 3 squares at once. They are fun! Have to put them aside and make a quick throw for a raffle for next Thursday. I'm going to make 18 crumb blocks and alternate with sashing and sunbonnet sue blocks. I'm going to fusbile web applique the sues on. Once assembled, it will be the raffle quilt for my Mom's side of the family this year.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast