Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Somebody Push Me! >

Somebody Push Me!

Somebody Push Me!

Old 01-06-2016, 08:11 PM
Power Poster

Here's a challenge for you: Pick a pretty scrap quilt pattern that isn't too time consuming and make a quilt from your scraps to donate to a local charity. And your deadline can be... to find a pattern by Saturday and get started, and complete the quilt by the following Saturday. Let's go!

Here's my collection of scrappy quilts on Pinterest, but there are MANY others too!
https://www.pinterest.com/bonbonevans/scraps/
Old 01-06-2016, 09:45 PM

I tend to do my crocheting//sewing/quilting in spurts. Some days/weeks I may get lots done on any one or more of them. Then I may go for an undermined amount of time without touching any of it.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:53 PM

Perhaps you could write yourself a very manageable "wish list" and cross off each item as you complete it.

You will be amazed at what you can achieve if you have a goal and can work towards it.

Good luck with getting your "mojo" back and please show us what you do.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:43 PM

Deadline: Spend 15 minutes working on a quilt by 8PM tonight.

Yep. Forget all those deadlines that are a month or two away, that's too far out. Best way to accomplish something big is to start by accomplishing something small. Usually once I make time for those first 10 minutes, I end up spending at least an hour working on the quilt. If you have UFO's, start with one of those. If not, grab some fabric and start something new. And we want pictures, MISSY, by 8PM tonight!
Old 01-07-2016, 01:39 AM

I know what you mean-I need to get to the sewing room and do SOMETHING but I just can't seem to do it. After all the holiday rush and sewing up to the last minute I think I just need a break. Oh well.....
Old 01-07-2016, 04:16 AM
Power Poster

Maybe you just need a vacation from your quilting. I missed two deadlines for Xmas gifts and that hasn't motivated me. The dampness from the rain that has been occurring in So CA has got me down. You are going to see a quilt that inspires you and you will be back at it again.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
Well, thanks for the push. I went and got out a UFO that has been sitting for some time. Someone called it Zen. Little squares inside a larger rectangle. I think I will make a deadline of my birthday (Feb 8) to at least get the top done.

Feeling good now.
Awesome! that's what we're here for... to encourage and assist other lovely quilters. : )
Old 01-08-2016, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
I tend to do my crocheting//sewing/quilting in spurts. Some days/weeks I may get lots done on any one or more of them. Then I may go for an undermined amount of time without touching any of it.
Same here. This year, after the Christmas quillow rush was done I picked up a little and just let things sit. Then I got into a crocheting project I wanted to begin. Also cut tumbler blocks. I like to have more than one thing going (and let's not mention the UFOs waiting in the wings). You may even want to pick a book to settle in to. Soon you will be regenerated and raring to get back to your sewing. Hmmmmm -- it's time for me to get back to the Mountain Majesties I had put aside to do the Christmas sewing.

Last edited by GailG; 01-08-2016 at 04:33 AM.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:00 AM

Everyone gets in a rut once in a while. What works for me is just go browsing at a quilt shop or two and it might motivate you. Or if you feel up to it sort and organize your quilt space. Hang in there - it will come back.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:57 AM

I'm in the smae rut after finishing my last quilt.