Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: something new

  1. #1
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    2,267
    I;m trying something new.I finally got the courage up to try FMQ.I;m working on Dgs halloween quilt.I;ve agonized over this for a week,please wish me luck.When I get it finished I;ll try to post pics but must depend on DD because I dont know how.

  2. #2
    tooMuchFabric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,275
    Blog Entries
    3
    Luck luck luck.
    I know it will be worth it!
    Can't wait to see pictures.

  3. #3
    JillianMarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    39
    Good luck!!!

  4. #4
    Power Poster lynnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    37,633
    Blog Entries
    1
    best of luck. for first time in over 40 yrs. i'm trying MACHINE quilting, always did it by hand

  5. #5
    Super Member nwm50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,316
    don't rush and i'd bet you'll do beautifully!

  6. #6
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    Take a deep breath and jump right in. I can't wait to see your quilt.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Patticake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    432
    Sorry but I'm really new to this. What is DD and DGS?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Niles, MI
    Posts
    59
    Good Luck, I'd love to hear about your experiences and see what you do. I've never done FMQ but one day would like to try! Sue

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Niles, MI
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Patticake
    Sorry but I'm really new to this. What is DD and DGS?
    DD Darling (or Dear) Daughter
    DGS Darling (Dear) Grandson

  10. #10
    Super Member OneMoreQuilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Grant Park, IL
    Posts
    1,166
    Good Luck. You're gonna love it!

  11. #11
    Senior Member Patticake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    432
    Thank you! :D

  12. #12
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,232
    Have fun!

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    184
    I'm a "newbie" so please take heed. I'd just like to say that BECAUSE I'm a newbie, I honestly don't understand any of the various abbreviations you use. I really can't learn from what you're talking about if I have NO IDEA what you're talking about! Please keep me in mind when you write your messages and/or replies. (Thanks)

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sturbridge, Ma
    Posts
    4,014
    tell us what you have done to prepare or learn free motion quilting. Someone might then give you some suggestions to make it successful.

  15. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    2,267
    I starched and pressed. I used 505 and basted. I have done some stippling in sashing,but dont quite know what to do now.I would like to outline quilt,but what foot do I use?How do I go around the squares? HELP

  16. #16
    Super Member brenda21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea
    I'm a "newbie" so please take heed. I'd just like to say that BECAUSE I'm a newbie, I honestly don't understand any of the various abbreviations you use. I really can't learn from what you're talking about if I have NO IDEA what you're talking about! Please keep me in mind when you write your messages and/or replies. (Thanks)
    Andrea,
    FMQ-free motion quiltiing
    DD-dear daughter DH dear husband DGD-dear grand daughter, etc.
    LQS-local quilt shop
    LAQ-long arm quilting
    PM-private message

  17. #17
    Senior Member Patticake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda21
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea
    I'm a "newbie" so please take heed. I'd just like to say that BECAUSE I'm a newbie, I honestly don't understand any of the various abbreviations you use. I really can't learn from what you're talking about if I have NO IDEA what you're talking about! Please keep me in mind when you write your messages and/or replies. (Thanks)
    Andrea,
    FMQ-free motion quiltiing
    DD-dear daughter DH dear husband DGD-dear grand daughter, etc.
    LQS-local quilt shop
    LAQ-long arm quilting
    PM-private message
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is SO very helpful. Really!

  18. #18
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,462
    Good luck, Patty! I'm just getting started too so I'm scared to death! lol
    Thanks for starting this thread. There are many MQ who will help!

  19. #19
    Beginner64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Medina, NY
    Posts
    148
    I'm going to try my hand at fmq myself pretty soon as I am going to need it as part of the finishing touches in the baby quilt that I'm making. I've watched vedios and done extensive reserch in books. Now It's just a matter of practicing on scrap untill I get it right. Just wish my machine had a stitch regulater on it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.