Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Star Spin Quilt >

Star Spin Quilt

Star Spin Quilt

Old 04-13-2020, 04:44 PM

Default Star Spin Quilt

I am trying to put the card trick together. I have all my large and small half triangles cut along with my background pieces. I am having trouble putting the small triangle and the background together. Can someone either explain or show me in pics how to do this? I am making Oregon Treasures #124 Star Spin Quilt.

Thanks,
Diane
Old 04-13-2020, 07:36 PM

I love that pattern and have had it for years but haven't made it yet. I went to YouTube and found this video showing close ups of the completed center. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXg7DKe46NE I really think it might be helpful.
Old 04-14-2020, 05:11 AM

I was so happy to see this thread because Star Spin is one of my UFOs that need to get finished while in isewlation! I haven't gotten to that part yet Diane, but know that you are not alone in working on this one! Good luck!
Old 04-14-2020, 05:22 AM

I'm sorry I can't be much help I have been wanting to do this quilt pattern for a very long time. I just haven't stepped up to the plate on this one yet. Maybe a picture would help so we can see just how far you have come on your pattern.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:27 AM

Default Card Trick

Jenny on Missouri Star Quilt has a great tutorial; makes it easy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQIrHNKpRGA
Old 04-14-2020, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by dbullard1949 View Post
I am trying to put the card trick together. I have all my large and small half triangles cut along with my background pieces. I am having trouble putting the small triangle and the background together. Can someone either explain or show me in pics how to do this? I am making Oregon Treasures #124 Star Spin Quilt.

Thanks,
Diane
you can check YouTube, there are tutorials..
Old 04-14-2020, 06:50 AM

Here's a good video of piecing the spinning star- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdUxUztUv1M
Old 04-15-2020, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

I made a wall hanging of this in a weekend. After reading the pattern I decided to make it my way. I made all square blocks using fusible interfacing on the back, fused them in place on top of each other, cut away the excess, and machine appliqued them into place. Machined appliqued the whole thing on background and the top was done. Layered and quilted it as usual. Looks good on my DD's wall and believe me she wouldn't have it up if it looked tacky. It's one off my Want to Make list.

Forgot that I entered it in a local show and got 1st place in the wallhanging category.

Last edited by Onebyone; 04-15-2020 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:13 PM

Found this video. It is in a foreign language, but he shows you how to cut and put the pieces together. It's called Centro de Mesa Fan Dance Part2. I was confused by the video's name, but after watching, it definitely is the same as the Star Spin. Now I have to go look at Fan Dance Part1 to see what it shows. I looked at it and it was cutting the first parts from the stratas. Interesting, but you are already further along than that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd4iKc65vTo