Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
stitches on top of patterns and all around >

stitches on top of patterns and all around

stitches on top of patterns and all around

Old 08-19-2010, 04:17 AM

I use my machine at home to FMQ small items like table runners but I send larger items out to a longarm quilter. I can't fit the bulk of large quilts through the "throat" of my sewing machine.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:38 AM
Power Poster

i use my long-arm but it doesn't do it for me! i have to work! there are a few machines out there with a computer attachment (the statler sticher) that you can program your design into and quilt a quilt but i think most of us have to free-hand, use stensils or pantographs. the statler sticher costs more than my car new so i probably will never have that capability but i do ok just free hand machine quilting. you of course can accomplish great designs hand quilting...doing the stitching by hand allows you to make any design you want, where it may be difficult to do with a machine...like too many starts and stops, by hand it can be wonderful! that stitching is THE QUILTING,,,people say, 'it's not a quilt until it's quilted' that is what they are talking about...quilt the quilt, bind it, label it and it's done :)(not everyone quilts them, lots of people make their quilt top, buy backing then send it out to a long-arm quilter to quilt)
Old 08-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

I have done mine on a regular sewing machine and my Juki sewing machine. It doesn't do it for me I have to do it.