Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: String Bean Quilt~

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
    I think it looks like you would place a triangle in the middle of a foundation piece, then use the sew and flip method as in string quilts. Rather than using a center strip, place the triangle down, sew a strip (RST), flip open. Do the 2nd side, then the 3rd side; continue on starting back at the first side until you have covered your foundation.
    That's what I'd do.

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Thanks Izy -- Your explanation makes much more sense than what I was reading!

I've done the fun and done method where the backing is larger than the front block and that was easy. But this way just wasn't clicking in my little mind :oops: :oops: However, this does sound as easy as well as quick and gives lots more color options!

Thanks again!! :D :D
    Glad to help sewjoyce :D

Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Quote Originally Posted by hulahoop1
    It looks like what we call a "kapakahi" quilt over here. It's a "quilt as you go" or reversible type of quilt where you sew the scraps onto the batting and backing at the same time and then put it together with sashing.

http://sewmanyquiltstoolittletime.bl...-tutorial.html
    I love the quilt pictured here! However, my little mind can't grasp her concept of putting the blocks together.....can anyone help? :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Oh, Sewjoyce, I'm so glad you posted this. I don't understand either. I thought I was brain dead from 3 days of baby-sitting the 1-yr-old great grandson. I was going to wait until I am rested to try reading it again. :oops:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2