Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
strip sewing lights feedback >

strip sewing lights feedback

strip sewing lights feedback

Old 09-17-2018, 03:39 PM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have two of these for light for my Juki, they're magnetic, I have one stuck to a can of baked beans and the other to a can of tuna. they give great light and I can move them as needed. great for reading too
Old 09-17-2018, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Austinite View Post

I have two of these for light for my Juki, they're magnetic, I have one stuck to a can of baked beans and the other to a can of tuna.
...... beans... and tuna...?? On your Juki??? I'm trying to picture this and it's cracking me up.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:46 PM

You should not use anything magnetic on a computerized machine. It will wreck the machine's computer. Please read your manual before using them.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
...... beans... and tuna...?? On your Juki??? I'm trying to picture this and it's cracking me up.
LOL! they aren't that close to the machine, one is about 8 inches away and the other 12 or more, they throw light very well so no need to have them super close.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Austinite View Post
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have two of these for light for my Juki, they're magnetic, I have one stuck to a can of baked beans and the other to a can of tuna. they give great light and I can move them as needed. great for reading too
I really like the magnetic part. It seems just a bump pulls the sticky strips off.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:02 AM

I've never had a problem with the strips coming off and I've quilted several queen and king sized quilts on the machine, since I installed the lights.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:49 AM

I have had the inspired brand on two of my machines for over two years with only one problem occurring. Shortly after I attached them to my Janome 6600 the sticky part failed. I called Inspired to find out what would be the best way to re-attach them. They sent me free of charge two kinds of adhesive tape to use. As I was re-attaching the strip, somehow I broke it. Called back asking if I could just purchase the strip of lights as I had all the wiring. Believe or not, they asked me to measure how much I needed and then they sent me another measure of the LED strip free of charge. I was amazed at the level of customer service. Both times the package arrived within a few days. The new adhesive tape has not failed in 2 years and I am delighted with the lights.
I bought mine from Amazon and they have an offer of a kit for two machines for about $14 more than the single machine at $30.
Highly recommend these lights and I have lost count of the friends who have ordered after seeing mine.
Murphy
Old 09-18-2018, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by ragamuffin View Post
You should not use anything magnetic on a computerized machine. It will wreck the machine's computer. Please read your manual before using them.
I don't know about all computerized machines but this is not true for Husqvarna Viking. I have the Diamond and the Epic and that question is always addressed.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:31 AM

I have the Inspired lights purchased through Amazon. I don't know how I ever sewed without them! I do have the same problem as others with the strips not sticking in spots however. I don't understand why sewing machine manufacturers don't have lights covering the whole throat (harp) built right in which would make the strips unnecessary. Maybe some do now.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
For those having trouble getting the LEDs to stay stuck on, could you clean the two edges and use Command strips to attach them?
Sounds like a great idea. I might try that. Thanx.