Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Sunday Mystery Quilt

Fabriclovr
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtgirl View Post
    I might be able to turn it into a PDF...I have adobe acrobat...remind me tomorrow if I forget what level would you rate this project?
    HI, Although this is a log cabin using 2 1/2 inch strips and the construction is fairly basic, it becomes a little bit more complicated when you mix up the color placements. This one you will also have to follow the construction directions 100% or the quilt will not turn out as designed. The quilt is also set on point. Setting on point is easy and if you have never done it before, I will walk you through the steps and when you are done, you will say "why was I so scared of setting on point?" LOL

I would rate this quilt at a very confident beginner. As long as you can follow the placement of the fabrics, you should be fine.

This is not your mothers log cabin by any means!!

Fabriclovr

Exclamation

** DESIGNER UPDATE **
    I will be putting updates as I construct this quilt. As you read in the opening instructions, this is an UNTESTED pattern put together quickly so we would have something to do as a Mystery on SBS.

As I am cutting, I am finding that my calculations are off by 2 strips. I just cut the background and had used the exact number listed. (9) Remember to start cutting your pieces from the strips from the SALVAGE edge because the left over FOLD will need to be opened, pressed and then trimmed to complete the piece count. I cut in this order, 6 1/2, 8 1/2, 4 1/2 and used the remaining fabric from the 8 1/2 cut and the folds from the 6 1/2 to complete the count for the 4 1/2. (I don't like to waste fabric at $12/yard!)
    ** BUT **I forgot to cut two (2) strips for step 1a. So, if you would, add an additional 2 strips to your count for the background and 1 for the other two colors. We will still fine on yardage, I gave you more for just this oversite.
    Last edited by Fabriclovr; 01-23-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Fabriclovr

Exclamation

** DESIGNER UPDATE **There are a total of 22 blocks in this quilt, the instructions say to cut the sewn strips into 30 pieces. Now how I came up with 30 is beyond me! IF you have not sewn and cut in clue 1a, WAIT, give me time to test out the blocks and give you an exact count on centers we need.....Guess this is what I get for trying to do these calculations in a boring meeting and then doing the instructions on a Sunday evening.. forgive me and bear with me. Everything will be fixed by the time you get to Clue #2 (I HOPE!)

Fabriclovr

Angry

**** DESIGNER UPDATE *****

If you have printed out clue #1, TRASH IT!

If you have not started to cut - DON'T CUT YET!

Check in with me later - - - - -

I may still have hair by then, but who knows, maybe not!!

Blog Entries
    So sorry this is beginning to frustrate you.
    Sadiemae

Blog Entries
    yep you do need time to test your patterns if you have not done them before. hang in there and i can send you a virtual tube of super glue if you like.

i decided that i would designate this quilt my super bowl sunday quilt project and use a 10-pc fat quarter pack and white muslin all from my stash. i know i can get this done in one day. this soon to be completed top will be another tick mark off my quilt to do list.

http://quiltstory.blogspot.com/2011/...-giveaway.html
    Last edited by Havplenty; 01-23-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Fabriclovr
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae View Post
    So sorry this is beginning to frustrate you.
    Oh, It's my fault for trying to rush this. Good note is, I did block one and they came out square and at the correct measurements, so at least I can cut and sew straight! LOL

Blog Entries
    and since i am on a roll i will use the remaining fat quarter pieces with some add in fabrics to make this top also. another tick from my 25 quilt to do list. now to just match the coming quilt tops up with the intended recipients. i know i need to make some male oriented quilts.

http://shinersview.blogspot.com/2011...-tutorial.html

Well I think I may join I've never done anything on poin and I'd really love to learn. What time do the festivities start? I may have to bring my machine upstairs cause I want to watch the Super Bowl too PS sorry about offering to convert to PDF...I will not do that....
    The Potomac Quilter
    Innova 26 with Lightning Stitch and Autopilot

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtgirl View Post
    Well I think I may join I've never done anything on poin and I'd really love to learn. What time do the festivities start? I may have to bring my machine upstairs cause I want to watch the Super Bowl too PS sorry about offering to convert to PDF...I will not do that....
    Clue 1 is on the link provided, then on Super Bowl Sunday the next clue will begin 8 a.m. Mountain Time.
    Sadiemae

Fabriclovr
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae View Post
    Clue 1 is on the link provided, then on Super Bowl Sunday the next clue will begin 8 a.m. Mountain Time.
    I took down Clue #1 to make corrections, so if you have printed or saved it, delete it. It will be back up in a couple of hours all corrected as I am almost finished putting the blocks together. I will make a final count of everything, correct the Clue and then re-post.

We are starting at 8am MST on 2/5/2012

Blog Entries
    Fabric- you know I am awful at time zones LOL I am in northern Indiana - so am I 2 or 3 hours different from you ?
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Blog Entries
    i never had to deal with mountain time so can't help you there. plus in northern indy arent you on est?

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
    Fabric- you know I am awful at time zones LOL I am in northern Indiana - so am I 2 or 3 hours different from you ?

Blog Entries
    I think ...
    Central would be 9:00 a.m.
    Eastern would be 10:00 a.m.
    Sadiemae

Fabriclovr
    Wow, lots of people answer to the name of Fabric! LOL

Sharon, Indiana has 2 time zones, so I am not sure where you fall. Check out this link and it should tell you for sure. http://www.timetemperature.com/tzus/time_zone.shtml

Blog Entries
    We just can't keep ourselves from wanting to help. lol
    Sadiemae

Blog Entries
    yes that is why this board is so wonderful, you can get help from anyone.

Fabriclovr

Exclamation

**** DESIGNER UPDATE ****
    Ok, I have created all of the blocks and redone the cutting requirements to be just what is needed and nothing more.

Clue #1 has been corrected and re-posted in both .doc and .pdf format. The version that you should have will have a time stamp uploaded at 4:39/4:40

Blog Entries
    Fabriclovr,
    you are doing a wonderful job under a very short time frame. Don't be hard on yourself - you have stepped up to the plate to help others. I have never done anything like this before. It sounds like a lot of fun and you are doing this for us. I don't think anyone was trying to intrude on your design/instructions. I know I was trying to help a board member to be able to access the document. I do apologize for this. I had no idea! Thank you for doing this.

Hugs and stress free quilting!!
    quilter711
    Nancy

Blog Entries
    We have more than 2 I think- silly Governor really screwed things up for us LOL

Blog Entries
    Ok so we are 2 hours different than you so 10 am

Blog Entries
    This sounds like fun. Clue one is safely saved. Thank you.

how do you save this to come back and see the answers?
    "Someone remembers, someone cares; your name is whispered in someones prayers."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspete View Post
    how do you save this to come back and see the answers?
    If you click on Thread Tools on the right hand side, above the first post, you will see several options in a popup box. Click on Subscribe to this Thread. Then you will be taken to a page where you can choose which kind notification you want by clicking on Notification Type. I choose Instant email Notification for the few threads that I follow. Be sure to click on Add Subscription after you have made your choice. You can also place the URL in a folder, but I prefer the notification by email.
    Last edited by Sadiemae; 01-24-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    Sadiemae

Blog Entries
    Still waiting to see the information for the Quiltbug Super Bowl Mystery- nothing new updated yet. In the meantime Fabriclovr and I are trying to come up with "Plan B" just in case
    I checked out the Quiltbug Super Bowl Mystery out of curiosity. A couple of things needed are 4 3/4" squares and 2 packages of fusible web. I am not into doing a quilt with this much fusible web, but some people might be interested.
    Sadiemae

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast