Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tell me more about this "Quilt As you go"

You could make a sampler quilt. That is how I got into quilting. I had just started sewing and saw an ad for a quilting class at a local quilt store. We made 24 6" blocks and I arranged them differently than the example quilt so it would make a wall hanging for over my bed. I finished it at home, by myself, (typical of every class I've taken) and was able to quilt it on my regular size sewing machine. I used a walking foot and "stitch in the ditch".

If you can't find a local class you can find many free quilt blocks online and make some of the most common, like 9-square and flying geese for example.

Then you'll get a feel for quilting and be ready to explore so many options, including QAYG.

Quote Originally Posted by mimmy96 View Post
    Thank you!!! I sure will! Trying to make up my mind on what pattern to do! There are so many beautiful ones for sure!!
    :-)
    CAS

Have you seen this Oh-SO-Gorgeous QAYG over on the Pictures board?
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...r-t219428.html

I'm paying close attention here because I have decided I don't like some placemats I made last year, mainly because of my choice of binding fabric. I have a plan to turn them into a QAYG lap quilt. I have never tried it, but some of the results I've seen on this board are very encouraging, and that seems like a good project to start on. The placemats were made very quickly using a stack and whack method for cutting and stitch and flip technique for piecing, which I really enjoyed doing. Combining that and the QAYG should make for an effective way to get some larger quilts done on the DSM.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2