Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thank you Asst. Manager James >

Thank you Asst. Manager James

Thank you Asst. Manager James

Old 09-15-2011, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by valsma
Today I found the perfect fabrics to work with a fabric i've had in my stash for sometime. The colors work so well. Problem, it was Wal Mart. Well after a looooong time frame, no associates, multipule calls for associate, I finally got an assitant manager to come over and cut fabric. Not even his dept. Let's just say I let him have it. I told him the fabric dept. was broken, what was the point of putting the dept. back in if nobody can buy fabric when they want it. If it was a self serve dept. it would be no big deal, but this is a dept. that cannot be self serve. That by putting the fabric in the middle of the store it was easy for the associates to ignore customers there. He finally gets my fabric cut (would have walked away if it hadn't been the perfect colors) broken telxon, no telxon/printer, fire drill, I get my fabric but no price tickets on any of it.
Well bless his heart and I will be calling the store to give him kuddos, he gave it to me for free. I told him that wasn't needed just fixing the fabric dept would be enough, but he said no it was mine for nothing. Over 4 yards. He was so sweet even after taking an butt chewing and yes I did apologize for chewing him out so bad, that I realize it isn't really his fault, but a lot is what corporate sets down. He was still very sweet and he made the aggrivation right. Some of them do care.

Picture was taken with cellphone so color quality is not very good. They are all beautiful jewel tones. The square is the one they go with.
Wow, Valsma, why were you so mean to that poor store manager? Yeah, I get it, you wanted the fabric. He probably only gave you the fabric for free because he couldn't wait to see you leave.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:38 AM

I have yet to find a Wal-Mart that has good customer service. I hope they are out there somewhere.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:58 AM

I visited one of our WalMarts yesterday that did not close down but were going to. About two months ago they put the department back in. I am NOT impressed.. Very little fabric and not good choices. I hope they do a better job in the future but there isn't enough room to add more fabric. I will try another store that had a fabulous department. They had lots of fabric and have just reopend that department. If not, I will just go back to JoAnns, Hancocks, or my lqs.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by SMR
I have my local walmart's phone number in my cell phone contacts and if I don't get response to bell I call and for assistance to be sent to fabric cutting table. Usually don't have to call more than once. They even hid the bell to call for assistance once but after assistant manager answered my summons and I told her bell was no longer out it reappeared
Great idea! My Wal-Mart still doesn't have fabric yet but you never know.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:20 AM

Sorry!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:27 AM

I just wish we had a fabric department.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:31 AM

I had the phone # of the Walmart in Ga on my phone. I called when I needed paint mixed. I don't know why I never thought about calling for the fabric. I did send an email one day when I went in and the deli was closed. Got a lot of platitudes but the service didn't get any better. The Walmart here is suppose to be getting a fabric dept back but I will believe when I see it. And the LQS and Joanns and Hancock are not that far away. Although I really can't say enough good about Fabric Hut in Norfolk. That is going to be my new favorite fabric store.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:39 AM
elm

The colors match beautifully. My quilt class instructor just bought some fabric at Wallmart. When she washed it, it shrank half an inch in each direction. Good thing she had more than enough for what she was making.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:03 AM

I have walked out without fabric after waiting and no one came. I let the cashier know about it. Next time went in someone came faster!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:04 AM

There is a phone hanging on the wall right in the fabric dept of my favorite Walmart. Lol. And I used to work for Walmart. Uh....you can always pick it up and dial O and ask the operator to send someone over...good luck with that, unless it's after 11 pm. I think maybe I had better not tell you how to make the ATTENTION WALMART announcements, lol.