Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thank you for encouraging me to try basting spray!!!!!! >

Thank you for encouraging me to try basting spray!!!!!!

Thank you for encouraging me to try basting spray!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2009, 08:00 AM
Power Poster

I'm glad you love it. I'm a basting spray convert too. Isn't it the greatest.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I use it, too! But DH has forbidden me from spraying in the house......I did it on the dining room table. Yes, I covered the table. But the overspray covered the chairs!! LOL LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I told him to just "let it go!"....that it would disappear in time. (I wasn't sure!) LOL :mrgreen: I didn't figure in the CAT hair getting caught in it......so a day later, I saw the cat hair and started washing it off. LOL :mrgreen: He caught me! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Good thing he has a good sense of humor :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
So funny. Sounds like something I would do. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-30-2009, 08:42 AM

Love the basting spray. Use it exclusively all the time!!!! I have the fortunate opportunity of going over to my church and pushing together tables that I can set at a good height and use those for basting my quilts so I don't have to get down on the floor!!! I have taught my DH and my sons girlfriend how to baste and they have even basted several of my quilts all by themselves with me just supervising.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Power Poster

I use basting spray on poly batting all the time for embroidery. I spray the batting and stick it on the back of my hooped fabric. It stays on great during the whole embroidery process :wink:
Old 06-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Power Poster

Yep, makes a world of difference huh?
Old 06-30-2009, 12:51 PM

I've used the products made for quilters for several years and really like the speed and results, and "no pins"! I had to laugh at the quilter with the overspray problem and cat hair! I think that would be the biggest difference between the quilter product and the "hardware store" variety though. The product for quilters is water soluable--meant to wash out of your fabrics, and consequently can be washed off other hard surfaces as well--like you tabletop or countertop. Wouldnt that be worth the difference in price?
Old 06-30-2009, 01:05 PM

I'm a pin baster that likes the idea of spray basting, but I don't have a clue how to do it. Is there a video out there somewhere that would show me what to do?
Old 06-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I use it, too! But DH has forbidden me from spraying in the house......I did it on the dining room table. Yes, I covered the table. But the overspray covered the chairs!! LOL LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I told him to just "let it go!"....that it would disappear in time. (I wasn't sure!) LOL :mrgreen: I didn't figure in the CAT hair getting caught in it......so a day later, I saw the cat hair and started washing it off. LOL :mrgreen: He caught me! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Good thing he has a good sense of humor :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I did this on my coffee table and like to never got it all off!!! From now on, I cover the table and the floor with news paper! :lol: :lol: :lol: I have also used an old sheet.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Power Poster

if you use something with an alchol base it usually takes up the glue, and ther eis usually enough over hang on the batting it usually catches most of it, I some times have to go back and catch the corners etc. I make more of a mess when I am using it with the embroidery machine, I usually hang an old shopping bag or something to catch the worse of it.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:22 PM

TRY BUYING THE CANS WHEN JOANN HAS THEIR 50% OFF COUPONS.

HELPS A LOT WITH THE POCKETBOOK !!!!.......

I EVEN DO MY SMALLER WALL HANGINGS AND IT REALLY IS A BIG HELP WHEN TRYING TO DO MACHINE QUILTING ON THEM.

WORKS GREAT...MJ