Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thank You! >

Thank You!

Thank You!

Old 02-03-2020, 06:45 AM

Default Thank You!

I just wanted to say a quick, but very heartfelt "thank you" to all of you. You've answered my questions, offered advice and encouragement, in so many ways that I can't begin to enumerate them.

Because of this forum, I finally have a machine (as well as 3 new-to-me VSMs) that I absolutely love sewing with. I had so much trouble with my other machine (trying to do things that it's not meant to do), that I was ready to give it all up.

I used to have so much trouble even cutting straight lines for projects. I thought it was something I was doing or not doing right. Who knew that rulers could become warped? Well you all did. What a difference a straight, non-warped ruler makes.

Did I mention the only class I've ever taken was with my new machine 8 years ago. It was to learn about your new machine. I had the only "basic" machine in the class of 20 or 25. Not a good experience, didn't go back for the 2nd one.

So, to make a short story long, I've learned more from all of you, by reading as many posts as I can, asking questions, and then just jumping in.

Thanks,
Carol
Old 02-03-2020, 07:18 AM

First of all, you are welcome. This is what this is all about here. Helping each other to improve our skills but sharing the ups and the downs as we learn. I have learned more from this forum that I have any where else and it is like learning something brand new at least once a week. Keep on joining right in and offering your own advice on subjects. You never know who you will be helping with the knowledge you possess.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:22 AM

Isn't this a joyful place to come for help and get answers? And if there is no good answers, well, at least you get commiseration!

I was a solo quilter for decades and I learned by a lot of mistakes. Terrible awful mistakes I don't want other people to have to go through on their own. I still make mistakes all the time, I've just gotten better at preventing some and fixing the others.

The ease of the internet and our abilities here to post pictures helps so much.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:53 AM

Thanks juliasb and Iceblossom! Couldn't agree more with what both of you said. I have also learned more here than anywhere else, including the shop where I bought my first machine 8 years ago.

I don't post very much, I do check in multiple times a day, though. The questions I've asked have always been answered with enthusiasm and encouragement, without being made to feel silly, etc.

Carol
Old 02-03-2020, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I don't post very much, I do check in multiple times a day, though. The questions I've asked have always been answered with enthusiasm and encouragement, without being made to feel silly, etc.

Carol
As a struggling learner myself, I appreciate this place for just those reasons too! I'm so glad you took it upon yourself to find out what you needed here rather than ditching the whole hobby, that's fantastic!
Old 02-03-2020, 03:42 PM

I am the only person I know that quilts. I am so thankful for finding this uplifting site. Many questions posted here answer my questions, or send me to Google to learn. I thank you!
Old 02-04-2020, 04:17 AM

I think we all feel this way. I know I certainly do. There is so much information here and quilters of all levels and from all around the world. It is really fun when we run into each other in quilt shows and/or shops. So glad you are enjoying the board. Now, if I could just figure out how to post a picture of my latest finish!😁❤️
Old 02-04-2020, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

Carol, I've been quilting a long time and still learn so much here!~ Glad you joined us.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

I have made a lot of " did not know any better at the time" mistakes.

Learn and live - and then on to some new ways to " be creative"!!!

​​​​

Last edited by bearisgray; 02-04-2020 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:26 AM

I agree, Carol. I started quilting in 2012 and this board has guided me every step of the way. Love this board.